APC Forum

how to properly dispose of time fuse and visco

taiwanluthiers

If you can't light a few feet of fuse without worrying about the fire department getting called, I don't think you should have ever even thought about fireworks for very long. Let alone actually try to make and light pyro.

Does not sound like a safe location and situation.

You could have trekked out to a safe area (not a living room) and lit it all:

1- To smelt the smoke

2- To test the timing of the time fuse and see how close it is a half hour later. I could see all kinds of bets and drinking games evolve from this during an afterglow!

3-¤Most importantly¤- to appease the pyro Gods!!

And for curiosity sake, how did you get kicked out once? Let a visa expire? Treason?

I overstayed a tourist visa when I was like 8 years old, I was unaware that I was even in the country on a tourist visa because nobody kept me in the loops. I mean I enrolled into UT, had a social security number, and all that so I had absolutely no reason to believe I was here illegally until a year before I was actually kicked out, where I started thinking that things didn't add up but wasn't sure what. I was only told I was illegal when I got a visit from Federal agents. Throughout the trials I was discovered to be in the country illegally, the SS number I had been using was fake. Turns out later that (from talking to my parents who said nothing during the trial) my mom had been doing some bad things and she gotten those SS number through illegal means.

I initially thought fireworks were ok in my neighborhood since people here light firecrackers for any reason at any time of the day, people burn ghost money all the time so smoke is fairly common, except in my neighborhood people are a lot less superstitious than usual and as a result no one lights firecrackers or burn ghost money at any time. The result is when people see smoke they think it's a fire.

Ghost money is basically fake money that chinese people burn as offering to gods, deceased ancestors, etc.. The Chinese believe that in the underworld there is an economy as well so they burn the ghost money in order to give their deceased relatives money to spend. They also burn things like fake servants (made of paper), fake houses, fake cars, fake iphones, etc. so the deceased relatives have things to use.

First of all, I don't have the fuse anymore. I disposed of it.

Also if you want to take the risk shipping it, come get it in person and you ship the thing.

Are you sure this whole shipping visco thing is not a bit overrated?

I've gotten several packages, couple of them opened by customs, nobody cared. Shipped normally in an envelope.

Gotta add that any kind of fuses are illegal to bring in to my country.

I got those fuses from other countries as well, but the idea is I don't want to risk trouble bringing that kind of stuff into the US, because the US tends to have stricter regulations, also US authorities tend to be more paranoid. Add to the fact that those fuses are cheaper than dirt, and easy as heck to get, it's not worth it.

I was told by a professional pyro not to light the whole roll at once, it will explode.

Maybe if it's quickmatch, but I don't think time fuse would ever do that.

Quick Match will explode if you ignite a large quantity of it at once. Hence the shipping and sale regulations. Visco should be fine to burn up at once, hot, but not explosive. Time fuse will probably be ok but might as well at least clip it into sections just to be safe.

I've burned 100m visco at once, no problem.

Taiwan, my comment wasn't really meant for you, I respect your opinion. Was just generally speaking.

would burrying it really be effective though?

http://www.mypixshare.net/files/img/user_uploads/displayimage.php?id=bghl964mqww03431841.gif