APC Forum

Skylighter Overpriced

Jordan

IOWA? Are you a member of the IPA?

No. I live on the east coast now, moved out here my senior year high school in 88. I have that Cracker Jacks membership in the scope though :)

No. I live on the east coast now, moved out here my senior year high school in 88. I have that Cracker Jacks membership in the scope though :)

If you're looking to join a club, try going to MAPAG if you want to build. It's a builders club that has over 8,000 pounds of stars, BP, and material donated by companies like Rozzi. They have very skilled member that have been in production for many many years. It is a unique club and highly recommend it to anyone looking to join in the area. CJ's puts on display shows and sets builders at the least of their concern. They also don't have a storage magazine to store your things over each event and only meet a couple times of the year. MAPAG meets once a month all year and does shoots each month from April to October. Great talented people and great capabilities! Plus, it's $125 cheaper!!

Check it out:

www.mapag.us

I also want to mention Skylighter is a half hour away and Harry delivers anything to the event for free.

Edited by LambentPyro
  • Like 1

I have that Cracker Jacks membership in the scope though :)

If you want to take a peak at the fall shoot, be my guest (as in, yes, shoot me a PM).

@ Lambert: CJ ain´t that bad for builders anymore. They had some issues after separating from that particular farm but managed to pull through. There is even a regular production site now.....

And no, we don´t need to quarrel about which club is better. Best thing to do is look at both and make up your mind afterwards if you want to join one, both or none.

Edited by boule

Just thought I'd mention that Harry's perc is still 47% off. It is 4.47/lb right now.

I think Harry's prices are partly a legacy from the time of CPSC persecution that nearly bankrupted him with legal fees. Look at the restrictions on Firefox to see how it could have turned out with a less vigorous defense.

I think Harry's prices are partly a legacy from the time of CPSC persecution that nearly bankrupted him with legal fees. Look at the restrictions on Firefox to see how it could have turned out with a less vigorous defense.

The CSPC bought the judge against Firefox, I've sat down and talked with Gary, Diane, and Sky, and in hindsight what happened to them was inevitable, like sex with kobe Bryant.

Firefox as skylighter have to hold high prices to make anything, the inventory they have is staggering.

Who said this can't be my career? ;)

It can be, but remember the old saying:

"The best way to make a small fortune in pyrotechnics is to start with a large one."..... :whistle:

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I agree with everyone: yes, Skylighter is higher than most places I have found, however, the amount of FREE information and knowledge I have gleaned from that site is invaluable. Also, I don't have to worry about the quality of materials I buy from him either. I made the mistake of buying "400 mesh" MG/AL off of Ebay to save a buck or two... At least half of it wouldn't pass through a 40 mesh!

Those coarse MgAl is still valuable though! Coarse MgAl is harder to find than fine ones and they're useful for things like strobes, dragon eggs, etc.