APC Forum

Occasional Happiness

Draco_Aster

Ooohhh!! Oooohhh!! Where'd you get it??!!
I would like to know also, Maby theres a simmiler sorce near me.

Check with a car dealer that participated in Cash for Clunkers. They were using it to kill the engines of the trade ins. They'd drain the oil, pour in a couple of quarts, and then run the engine. I found a dealer that sold me some leftovers.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mumbles

• mormanman

• tentacles

• Bonny

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

looks nice, hope it works well for you.

Jus orderd 5000g Potassium Nitrate for $35/w free shipping, thats roughly a little bit over 11lbs right? I need to start making (more) charcoal pronto!

Ebay, The seller is dowlessdistributors123 , he has some other great priced items Edited by Twotails

seriously just buy a 25kg sack of it i pay like $60 Australian for a sack you go through it fast enough. speaking of which its time to order some more my stocks are dwindling

I got a 96 on my AP Chem midterm :D my total grade at the moment is 91%

I got a 96 on my AP Chem midterm :D my total grade at the moment is 91%

Well done. I hope my exams will go as good as that.

spent a total of 2 hours revising for chem (which was really just helping some people from class) did last years exam (as practice) and made 1 error so got 99.7% :D thats one less subject i have to revise for

seriously just buy a 25kg sack of it i pay like $60 Australian for a sack you go through it fast enough. speaking of which its time to order some more my stocks are dwindling

I know i should have got a larger amount, but storage is an issue, plus 11lbs will last me long enough, i only have a tiny ball mill for now, hopeing to get a second job come march, and buy a large (15lb? i think thats the one i was looking at) mill. Also I dont go through Kno3 as fast now that school started. i only used up my remaining stock, becouse i was sick this week, and needed somthing to do.

i dont go through it fast either. I only make 2" and 3" shells. But hoping to do some 4"s this year.

I made a 4in one before, dident shoot it out of a morter, had it suspended in the middle of a sandpit by strings (it was roughly 200ft from the ground) this was simply becouse, i dident feel like launching it, and i worked out good, exept, i had trouble getting it up there, the strings kept getting tangled.

Where did you find something 200 feet tall?? That is huge! Was it between 2 hills and you ran a line like 1000 feet straight across from peak to peak or what??? How did you fuse it?

Its a large sand pit around it are some sparce pin trees i ran fishing line across the pit, and cut the same length of nylon cord, as i had fishing line (used the fishing line just as a mesuring device), tied the cord to a tree on one side, marked the middle of the pit on my cord, and tied it to a tree on the other side. I attached a dummy shell to long peice of line, and threw it over the suspended cord, tied that to a tree, the dummy shell was now on on the ground tied to the cord. I removed the dummy shell, and tied the real one on, i had put a long fuse on the shell, inplace of the timefuse. (were talking an 2 entire rolls of cannon fuse, thats like 10ft each roll) that fuse burnt for maby 2 seconds per inch, so i figured 20ft was enough (ended up being a waste of fuse but it was worth it) I had 4 minutes to raise the shell, and get into viewing position. I attached a peice of blue falling leaves, i had about 6 inches of it on the bottom of the fuse to give me extra run-time. I lit it and ran, up the sandpit, and too the tree, hoisted the shell up, and still had like a minute of fuse left. I sat back and watched.

It went off, but in my opinion, not worth the effort, i'll stick to small shells.

That is how i improvised my 4inch shell, and how i waisted 20ft of fuse(luckly i bought it cheap enough i dident care)

no, i did i before i had my black berry, and its the only working camra/video camra i have.

I would have like to take pictures of the setup, it would have been an interesting thing.

Your telling me you threw a dummy shell two HUNDRED vertical feet??? You are outa yer MIND, there ain't no WAY son!!!!

no, i was on the clif over looking the string, all i had to do was toss it maby 10ft out over the line

A 200 foot cliff? Impressive... Must make one incredible sledding hill in the winter....

Its on a slight sloap, so it works well, unless the pit(cuz its in b a river/swamp) floods, but that can be good if it freezes solid.

This is the Happiness thread, so let's see..... I got a part-time job this week. That sure makes me happy.

This is the Happiness thread, so let's see..... I got a part-time job this week. That sure makes me happy.

What did you find? I am always on the lookout for part time work or jobs for my machine shop. One time, I got to work on some helicopter parts that were giving the maintainers fits, and about 2 hours of work netted $400! :D

So 23 years old and my 21 yr old friends finally broke me into drinking, lol. It was a good time though. "What happens here, stays here." Same rule at my Grandmother's house, funny enough.