APC Forum

Occasional Happiness

Draco_Aster

but parlon is really cheap

wonder what he would do for 1kg

Yeah, but you can't buy it locally and he can't order online, he was very happy :)

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mumbles

• mormanman

• tentacles

• Bonny

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just played a 3 and a half hour game of "cops and figitives" last night. 3 rounds , three cities ,around 50 people. About 9mi in all. Really fun but now I'm so sore I can barely walk! <_<

KruseMissile: How'd you get tooling so cheap? The star plate in specific? I don't know anyone that sells stuff so cheap, can you tell me who you bought it from?

Just played a 3 and a half hour game of "cops and figitives" last night. 3 rounds , three cities ,around 50 people. About 9mi in all. Really fun but now I'm so sore I can barely walk! <_<

KruseMissile: How'd you get tooling so cheap? The star plate in specific? I don't know anyone that sells stuff so cheap, can you tell me who you bought it from?

I cant unfortunately :/ I dont want to overload him with work

I loved playing that game. We called it "Slip", but I imagine the premise is the same. Get from one area of town to the other without being caught by the chase team?

I loved playing that game. We called it "Slip", but I imagine the premise is the same. Get from one area of town to the other without being caught by the chase team?

Exactly , people with cars trying to catch people on foot that are trying to get from one place to another, at 12 at night. ;) Folks kept asking us what we were doing : "Uhmm, its a midnight jogging exercise.". Its really fun but kindof hard to organize.

Exactly , people with cars trying to catch people on foot that are trying to get from one place to another, at 12 at night. ;) Folks kept asking us what we were doing : "Uhmm, its a midnight jogging exercise.". Its really fun but kindof hard to organize.

And I just broke my ankle chasing a puppy. Ooops wrong thread. ;{)

Youch! That is rough. Cast & crutches for a while?

Yet another "if it weren't for that damned dog" stories to add to the book. My uncle was walking a very hyper-active dog in icy conditions once...you can probably guess that didn't end well.

But are you sure it isn't the right thread? Maybe if they've been giving you large doses of pain relievers...

Wheeeeee....PyrOrgasm!!

All my stuff came today, except for the KNO3 and the CuO(II), which is coming in a different order. HOORAY!!!

Me and my friend just finished some fresh cooked YellowFin Ahi Tuna last night when we heard a BANG followed by another 24 of them. My first thought was "damn kewls" since there have been quite a few good bangs around his neighborhoood. Turned out it was a 25 shot 3/4" cake. Pisses me off that they set off next to a whole bunch of cars when there was a park 100 yrds away.

Loosers weepers, finders keepers. :D

I like tuna....

Anyways...the KNO3 and the CuO(II) arrived today. Happiness.

Well, I have a little over 3 weeks untill I go home agian and next week from mon-fri, I will be at a school camp, which is alright, but I would rather finish my assignments and stuff, cause they are like al due, just as we get back from camp.

Anyway, While im at school I like to stock on chemicals and get new ones, so that when I get home I have a heap of parces waiting and I can try something new. I have had fun ordering stuff this time :D, got heaps of stuff and new 'multi use pumps' to make crossettes/cavity cometes/and normal comets, I got 3/4" and 1.75", well havent got them yet, but they will be posted soon enough.

Got a few more chems and metas as well, the holidays are going to be full of fun....and alot of work to pay it all off, lol, so worth it all.

the alder charcoal from customcharcoal is finally on the way! I'm excited, and I'm planning on picking up a motor or two if possible tomorrow for my ball mill as well.

Made some screens today, and bought a bucket screen for two bucks.

post-9618-1251921811_thumb.jpg

post-9618-1251921822_thumb.jpg

And a bunch of 2" can casings and caps:

post-9618-1251923108_thumb.jpg

Edited by Ventsi

I had put pyro on hold for awhile as I ran out of kno3,

Just bought 50 pounds of saltpeter from a supply house in seguin, texas.... YYYYYYYIIIIIIIIIIPPPPPPPPPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

as a sidenote it's been dyed blue, will this have any affect on performance? and yes it's kno3, 13 - 0 - 44

Weird - why would it be blue? Intentional dye for identification? Cu?

It's sold as a "Soluble" fertilizer so my only guesse would be that it helps determine it's concentration when dissolved in water.... Oh well, it's not like my gunpowder will be blue after adding the charcoal.

I'm loving "ruby red" made with -325 MgAl. It burns hilariously fast...the heavily primed light-grid stars could easily be used in a 3"er and not have any fear of them burning to the ground. Not that you could even fit many of these in a 3"er...

Toys enroute - really specialized toys. An L-shaped teflon immersion heater, NIB, cheap.

http://img.auctiva.com/imgdata/7/6/7/0/1/6/webimg/289690742_tp.jpg

A 25 foot coil of PFA-resin (teflon) tube, thanks to an APC member. A big box of balsa charcoal. And some research chems, cheap:

EF466952YCC CAL NITRATE 4- HYD 500G EA 1 $3.84

EF467001YBB LEAD NITRATE 250G EA 2 $3.23

EF449084GCC LITHIUM CHLRD 500G EA 1 $10.00

EF448469BCE METHENE CHLORIDE 500ML EA 1 $3.23

EF466811WAR NITRIC ACID 15.8M 70% 2.5L EA 1 $19.34

EF3507 HEXAGONAL ALCOHOL LAMP 1EA EA 1 $10.50

EF3507A REPLACEMENT WICKS 12/PK PK 1 $4.50

$19 for 2.5 liters of 70% nitric! Score!

$19 for 2.5 liters of 70% nitric! Score!

When I was 15 I picked up twenty litres of the 70% for a satisfactory NZ $32. In USD that would be about $20.

And I'm 20, this is recent history.

I paid cash, bought it over the counter, and got just over 80kg of other cheap chemicals too.

That was indeed a day of happiness.

Hooray...Wendesday is an XC meet day, so easy practice tomorrow. And after every meet, we go to Grotto's Pizza; We get a good deal there for the team. All you can eat pizza and soda for 7 bucks a person. Hooray!! :D