APC Forum

Occasional Happiness

Draco_Aster

The also have the original Master of Orion - also an excellent game, and arguably one of the first mainstream 4x games. Microprose used to make some good stuff.

Amen to that!

Those were the good ol' days!

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mumbles

• mormanman

• tentacles

• Bonny

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dosbox just doesn't work with some games. I remember when I was trying to run the DOS version of Transport Tycoon, it was horrible, even with the adjusting of CPU cycles and frame, F11 and F12.

But it can nicely run most DOS games.

Some dos games will run just fine with a soundblaster emulator - I forget the name, but there's a good one out there. Another good source for abandonware is #oldgames on efnet.

It's really a shame that lucasarts stopped making their classic adventure games like Monkey Island - I think it's due to changing the format in MI4 and the resultant game pretty well sucking. Now almost nobody makes adventure style games. Penny Arcade made one, you can get the demo for free at www.playgreenhouse.com

There's an old game that I have been looking for a 486/66 to play for years - it was assembler tuned to run on a 486, it *won't* run on a pentium or dosbox (doxbox emulates a 486 CPU, btw). Game was called Zone 66, was written by some guys from the loader/warez scene.

Edited by tentacles

Nice fireball, I can see the ignition wire flying with flaming stuff on the end of it. That's what I call resolution, high speed too. What camera was that?

Nice. I just got a job for the summer. It will be nice to be un-poor for at least a little bit. It wasn't the one I was hoping for, but I'll take what I can get.

I bitch about my job all the time, mainly because of the stupefying boredom, and then I realize how tough it is in today's economy, and am secretly glad to have it.

It's kind of sad, but these days, if you are married, it is almost a requirement to have a working spouse, so that if one of you loses a job (more likely than not, at some point) then the other's income can keep you in chemicals and other essentials, like food!

Toss a kid into the mix, and it all changes.

Spending time with my wife and 2 kids makes me happy. Aside from that it is kinda hard to beat splitting a boulder the size of a rail car in half after the farmer tells you it can't be done. B) He and his help just stand there in shock. Gotta love that.

Spending time with my wife and 2 kids makes me happy. Aside from that it is kinda hard to beat splitting a boulder the size of a rail car in half after the farmer tells you it can't be done. B) He and his help just stand there in shock. Gotta love that.

How did you split it? With mechanical means or explosives?

Explosives

and that is how it should be done :D.

Ok today I have made perc flash for the first time and have found its power, well a hell of alot more powerful than nitrate flash this stuff is very scary :D so I treat it with respect, but it is very fun.

Is it true that perc flash (70/30) is safer than nitrate flash, casue I find that perc flash is stronger than nitrate, but when I made nitrate flash I didnt use boric acid (dont worrie, i used it straight away).

What ever you tell me I will always use cuation with any flash, no matter whether one is sfaer than the other.

The Al I'm using is what makes this stuff even more scary, indain dark flake 2-3 micron.

Explosives

Rewarding in two ways then, the look on their faces and the explosion itself. Next time film it. :D

I just finished pumping five kilograms of glitter.

No special tooling. One star at a time.

For those who have yet to learn the modern metric system, that's over eleven archaic pounds.

Won't be needing to do that again for a while.

Damn that's a lot of glitter.

I wish my mind worked metric I think small amounts of liquid in milliliters, large amounts in gallons. Small weights in grams, large weights in pounds. And as for distance everything is inches feet, yards and miles. Metric makes so much more sense but I just can bring myself to think how tall a 2.6 meter man is or how long it takes to run a kilometer.

Rewarding in two ways then, the look on their faces and the explosion itself. Next time film it. :D

I do have it on film. All of it. This laptop runs Vista. I have a communication problem with this laptop and my camera. I am working on a solution.

I just finished pumping five kilograms of glitter.

No special tooling. One star at a time.

For those who have yet to learn the modern metric system, that's over eleven archaic pounds.

Won't be needing to do that again for a while.

Ohh myy goodnees. I bet that was fun, lol. I get tired/boared just having to make 500g :P, But I do it anyway.

What comp was it? and what size star? and did you just use syringe, cause that is what I have at the moment :P I hope to get something better soon :D

Well it was going to be D1. But I ran out of Sodium bicarbonate. I probably had some more in a box in the corner, and I could have gone to the shops.

Instead I threw in some Barium carbonate and Red Iron oxide.

So it's 'not quite D1...'

Potassium nitrate 53

Sulfur 18

Charcoal 11

Aluminium 7

NaHCO3 4

Gum Arabic 4

Barium carbonate 3

Fe2O3 1

The stars are fairly large, 20mm, so it is not as tedious as it could of been. I'm using a star pump made of some PVC and a stick. It's pretty high tech around here! Next thing and I'll be using brown paper and old fashioned flour and hot water to paste my shells!

Next thing and I'll be using brown paper and old fashioned flour and hot water to paste my shells!

:unsure: Ha...jezz, yeah who would do that... :ph34r:

:unsure: Ha...jezz, yeah who would do that... :ph34r:

wahaha, your reading his post now :lol: , i sometimes use gummed paper tape, kraft paper pasted with watered down pva, or home made wheat paste, ( yep, flour and water with a little sugar and broken kraft paper, 60 gsm) LOL