APC Forum

Occasional Happiness

Draco_Aster

So what did you all get for Christmas ???

I got:

- 2 ton arbor press :D (my only wish this christmas) which has not been shipped yet

- A nice metal hacksaw

- 700 DKK (~135$)

- Ripley's believe it or not book

- Pair of trousers

- Some sorta beer stand, where you have to be Einstein to get the beer out

Can't wait to get my ball mill finished either, I'm going to drive (well not myself) a long way to a friend which will help me with stuff... yeah, stuff!

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mumbles

• mormanman

• tentacles

• Bonny

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

250mW red laser diode

LED torch to play host

50mW green laser pointer

100mW red stage laser module

MMO chlorate anode

Where's Bin Laden? book

Large shipment of assorted electronic parts

New PC TV tuner

Socks

A bag of goon :)

What I got:

• Oxyacetylene welding outfit (no tanks yet) :D
  • 2lbs of 1Fg GOEX Black powder :D
  • $60 for the local homebrew supply :D
  • $100 for whatever :D
  • ~$30 for a local bookstore :D
  • ~$25 for a local restraint i love :D
  • A little money for eBay
  • A nice long sleeve shirt and new pair of socks to go with my Irish kilt

What I have somewhat gotten for my self for xmas and just because:

• A bunch of ceramic chemicals including: lead tetroxide (red lead, a bitch to clean up), illmanite, Mn metal, MnO2, granular Fe, cobalt sulfate, lithium carbonate, flourospar, super pax, Al2O3, cryolite, and I can't remember the rest.
  • 62mm OD hole cutting drill bit thinger
  • 120VAC 20A Variac variable transformer
  • COPAE new hardcover

Thats all I can remember at the moment. I still have a couple orders I'd like to place to various places though.

100$ for whatever(In other words, chems.)

(For some reason) An Xbox 360 elite.

and an estes rocket kit. Im thinking about putting the bigger C motor into the small rocket, just for kicks...

And shirts, jeans, clothes in general.

I got a 90amp flux core wire feed welder, a buch of knox brand gellitin to make ballistics gel with (someone knows me too well :) ) some assorted candy and stuff, and a set of magnetics (those things are so much fun). so over all a great christmass :D .

I got -

A 1000 piece poker set with 8 seat fold out felt table. Yay for my sister :D

Stanley 2 cup flask B)

Great clothes

Movie tickets

$50AUD

Call Of Duty 4 (omg its good)

Birthday is on Jan 4 and I know I'm getting a 5L Stainless Steel keg from the parents to age some rum for my 18th in a year.

Everyone actually listened to me and chipped in for a nice fat Amazon.com gift certificate towards a HD video camera. I can't wait to get real videos of my shells :)

Hi

I got:

An i-Pod

Shirts

Accumulator-charger

After shave

Books

English comedy-films

Lot of money

and such.

I am also very happy because I finished my 2" Tigertal starmine :rolleyes:

Stinger

Well, my neighbor gave me a Best Buy gift card that I converted into the PC game, Crysis. Nice!

And especially since each one could be the last, the best Christmas gift I got, in my opinion, was being able to spend it with both of my aged parents. :)

M

I got:

some new socks and boxers (need 'em every year)

tap and die set

drywall saw, crosscut saw,some other wood saw

sweat pants

shirts B)

a few $$

A liquor bottle stand dispenser (hold bottles upside down and dispenses 1oz) The only problem will be actually having bottles around long enough to use it...

Also got a shirt from girlfriend, says "DANGER pyrotechnician at work" with a guy being blown away....love it :lol:

A turkey fryer for beer related purposes

matress topper

some gift cards

candy and such (hazelnut truffles are glorious by the way)

a few other odds and ends

got to hang out with my friends and family I haven't seen in a while, so that is always a highlight.

I got some loot, Archos 605 80gig portable video player (it can also surf the web over wifi), new microwave, new crock pot.

Bonny, the beer is ready and needs volunteers to drink it so I can get Frank to come up and help me make a batch from his recipe. If you bring a clean glass jug with a sealing lid, you can even take some home with you. How's that for good news? :P

I got to show my firefighter uncle my star mines comets and fountains. And I got my four and three inch shells

Pre-war Walther PP (the action is like oiled glass! Love that German precision)

Digital picture frame

Several cook books

8 foot air hockey table ... for the kids of course

SOG Flash-II

Pirate flag... yarrrrr

5 extra pounds from all the food I ate

Completely unrelated to Christmas, but I once again have a functioning, yet still somewhat virally infected, computer. It is the main reason that I had been a bit spotty on getting around here for the last few weeks. If all goes well in approximatly an hour said virus should be gone as well.

Seeing as how my birthday is on christmas, i made out quite alright :P

I got:

- A laptop, which I am using now :)

- A .17 Mach II (Bolt action, Synthetic) w/ a Nikon scope which I took to the range yesterday. I must say, it is quite a jump from a .22. It is notably faster.

- A New scale

- Some shell hemis

- Vis-Quick and flying fish fuse

- And a few other assorted things :)

Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas...I know I did :)

PS. OneEyeCharlie, I was looking into the SOG Flash II. Read it's quite an impressive knife. Love the assisted opening knives B)

Edit: I did well on my trimester exams!

Ummmm.

- 2G memory card for my phone.

- SO much chocolate its not funny, (I agree with you mumbles).

- Moneys...

- Clothes.

- Awesome Zoo York Hat and Sterling Silver Ring from my GF.

- I'm getting my cousins cracked iPhone when the legit one comes out.

- 40kg of KN03...Yes Kg.

PS. OneEyeCharlie, I was looking into the SOG Flash II. Read it's quite an impressive knife. Love the assisted opening knives cool2.gif

Oh it is indeed. Got the TiNi coated, partially serrated blade. Thing opens fast as lightning, has a wicked edge, and has a great feel/hand posture. It's a bit on the large size, so when I'm wearing dress or business casual slacks I'll go with a smaller Gerber. With jeans however, clipped into the back pocket, you almost forget it's there. It also slices through visco like it's butter. Thus endeth the infomercial.

Congratulations to the New England Patriots, the only team to run the table of the regular 16 game season. Now on the the playoffs. It seems that there is some team in the upper midwest that's pretty good too. I can't seem to remember the name. Perhaps a member from that area might remind me of what team that is, and perhaps place a friendly wager on the outcome of the playoffs? I'm sure that he'll be GREEN with envy. I wonder what team will be "Favre'd" in the playoffs? I guess I'll quit mumbling and sign off now.

(Throws out the bait....waits to see if the fish rises to it.........)