• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mumbles

• mormanman

• tentacles

• Bonny

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I went to a gun show today and found a dummy grenade fuze with the spring and striker included. i plan to make it into a smoke grenade. (very carefully)

I just got 40lbs of Potassium Chloride for like $10, i also found out that my local lowes sells Potassium Permanganate, even though it's not very usefull it's nice to know i can get it if i want it ^_^ .

I agree tell tell us more about this wonderful find of KCOl3.

What are people getting for Christmas?

I'm getting a large order of general chems

New chlorate / perchlorate anode

50mW green laser

Supplies for making a crucible

LPG torch

Should be under $250, screw the useless expensive electronics I normally fall for.

I'm kinda unsure what I wish,

my only wish this Christmas is an arbor press.

Any ideas for a wish :D ?

Also to day I got out of the house and sawed of a stump of willow. I have debarked (weighs 7 kg), but I wonder how on earth do you split it to small sticks like this ?? :blink: :

http://fogoforum.us/img/charcoal/charcoal007.jpg

Isn't it hard with an axe to get it that precise?

Normally with an axe I only split to firewood, but smaller than that...? :huh:

Do you have a hatchet?

Its not that hard to get small 'kindling' sized pieces with a large axe just hold it closer to the head and use it to split smaller pieces. Its even easier with a hatchet.

It has to be well-dried, or splitting it will be tough.

You said it was a stump. Was it completely dried? I suspect not if it was outside and exposed to the elements....

M

I use a hydraulic wood cutting device, it cuts a 20 inch log in half with no problem

Um a log splitter?? ;)

I cut my wood to length then use a hatchet or small axe to split to small size.

You can tap the pc of wood so the hatchet blade just sticks in and then hit it on a block to split...keeps the fingers away when cutting small pcs.

Yeah... umm... english is not my first language... But you get the picture no?

I know...just teasing you! :D

I cut my wood to length then use a hatchet or small axe to split to small size.

You can tap the pc of wood so the hatchet blade just sticks in and then hit it on a block to split...keeps the fingers away when cutting small pcs.

Exactly what I actually did :)

Worked well...

http://img86.imageshack.us/img86/7855/dsc02021xf6.jpg

Haha im with you DeadFX! I have an order that ill be submitting to a major ceramic supplier in Seattle pretty soon. I actually won 2 auctions on ebay with ceramic chems this morning too.. Got me some red lead, granular manganese, and 12oz of pink cobalt sulfate to name the major happy making chems. Also have like 2 other orders i want to submit to places and all sorts of OTC shopping at the brew supply, hardware stores, etc.

I love xmas.

:D

Nice haul pudi!

Edit: Also i got 95/100 questions correct on the chemistryI college final i took today. 5 out of 100 questions isn't bad. Probably top or second to it in the class. Still bothered me that i didn't know some things. Anti-bonding orbitals threw me, that was probably 2 or 3 of the 5 missed. I have a 2 chapter governemnt test tomorrow that ill probably do ok on if i start studying now. Also have a biology quiz or something. I seem to do pretty good on those without studying simply because alot of what i have learned chemistry wise in the past 5 years or so applies to biology significantly too.

After all chemistry really is the central science, everything else seems to branch out of it.

Lol, english is my first langauge and I've still never heard of a log splitter. Then again, I don't do much log splitting either (for me an axe seems to be sufficient for gathering charcoal wood).

Lol, english is my first langauge and I've still never heard of a log splitter. Then again, I don't do much log splitting either (for me an axe seems to be sufficient for gathering charcoal wood).

It's probably british english. :rolleyes:

Haha, I think it's funny how long something like this will lag on...These are log splitters :P : http://www.amazon.com/b?ie=UTF8&node=1091946

I use one all the time at work.

Haha, I think it's funny how long something like this will lag on...These are log splitters :P : http://www.amazon.com/b?ie=UTF8&node=1091946

I use one all the time at work.

No shit it dragged on eh? (Canadian here!) I guess if it's not cold enough in some places no need for log splitters...

Yeah, those are what I use, and I didn't know that the word log splitter actually existed, just made the thing up... lol.