APC Forum

Occasional Happiness

Draco_Aster

I finaly got some KClO3 at a reasonable price. I just couldn't bring myself to pay the skylighter price. 20lb for $112 seems good to me.

Ditto here. I ordered 10 lbs but I haven't recieved any emails confirming payment or saying that he/she has sent me 10lbs. I hope my next post IS NOT in the depression thread... :(

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mumbles

• mormanman

• tentacles

• Bonny

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Uh Oh. Now I'm scared. At least payment was through paypal so I can get my money back.

Uh Oh. Now I'm scared. At least payment was through paypal so I can get my money back.

Ahh well I am going to call the person up later today and inquire... I think you should be ok as with me but I am a little nervous.

o and i sent you a pm

Oh ok, Tweetybird's price must include shipping. maybe he's just swamped with orders, let me know how it goes, i want to get some from him.

I didn't buy the $4/lb chunky. Mine was $5/lb and I'm almsot postive it was from a different seller.

I got to see Motion City Soundtrack, Metro Station, Mae, and Anberlin w/ Motion City Soundtrack headlining. It was awsome but I couldn't get anything signed b/c my ride was leaving and now I can hear a thing. Other than that it was fantastic.

I didn't buy the $4/lb chunky. Mine was $5/lb and I'm almsot postive it was from a different seller.
Was it from that other guy on the market place who was selling from his personal supply? thanks.

Oh ok, Tweetybird's price must include shipping. maybe he's just swamped with orders, let me know how it goes, i want to get some from him.

Ok I called him.. They recieved the payment and will be shipping out today most likely monday. He could do a little better on communication but they are swamped so I understnad...

I launched my first homemade rocket today. It was a stinger missile and it was great even though my tooling was rammer made from a crayola marker top. The only problem was when my golf tee launch stand fell over and the thing shot right next to me, but it flew straight :rolleyes:

I've boughten 10 pounds of perch from Michael, the guy selling from his supply. Two orders actually, the first for a whole bunch of assorted chemicals and the second was the perch. Well my point is that you'll get your stuff. Oh, and its a little on the chunky side but it breaks easily.

And for my occasional happiness, I've boughten a whole lot of chem's lately and got a meat grinder (to grind charcoal) so I'm able to make a lot of different compositions without feeling the low chemical crunch. Although I really need a video camera so I can film my new stuff but I don't want to spend anymore money.

I got my 20 ponds of perc today. It looked suspiciously like coke bricks. Good seller.

I got my 20 ponds of perc today. It looked suspiciously like coke bricks. Good seller.

Do you guys need a licnse for ATFE to buy that much b/c I want some?

No licence is required. I've purchased 2 full drums of Perc, no licence. If you want to buy some, do some reasearch, make some contacts and get it. We can't just hand it over to you.

No licence is required. I've purchased 2 full drums of Perc, no licence. If you want to buy some, do some reasearch, make some contacts and get it. We can't just hand it over to you.

Man, so why on firefox and skylighter you need a licence to buy more than a pound.

Since when does Skylighter require a license if you are buying more than a pound? I know they do very careful screening to deter boom makers, but I don't think they have a set limit for unlicensed people.

As for firefox, where have you been? They had to comply with restrictions that came about from the CPSC's complaint against them. There was a court case that decided this, and it was a big deal in the pyrotechnics community earlier this year (and the last year...and the last year..). Look at the old Skylighter newsletters, they explain the whole story.

You only need a licence to buy from Firefox, and skylighter is stingy so it can protect itself from any potential lawsuits or anything. Mumbles, do you know of any bulk perchlorate suppliers that will ship? try as i might i can't find any, and all the ones i know of don't ship and are to far for me to drive to. thanks. .EDIT. Dang flying fish you beat me to it :) .

Since when does Skylighter require a license if you are buying more than a pound? I know they do very careful screening to deter boom makers, but I don't think they have a set limit for unlicensed people.

As for firefox, where have you been? They had to comply with restrictions that came about from the CPSC's complaint against them. There was a court case that decided this, and it was a big deal in the pyrotechnics community earlier this year (and the last year...and the last year..). Look at the old Skylighter newsletters, they explain the whole story.

Excuse me, I forgot that skylighter just would let you buy KLCO4 on the first purchase. As for firefox i did hear about the the law suit.

Didn't intend to sound mean or anything...but looking over my post I guess it did kinda come out that way.

It is true that they don't let you have KCLO4 on your first purchase. However, since most orders of more than a couple chemicals are probably going to be delivered in multiple packages anyway, it isn't much of a loss just to separate it into two separate orders, with the second one containing the KCLO4. Keeping in mind that they can't ship fuels and oxidizers together in the same box.

On a completely unrelated note, I have the interview with the company I REALLY want to work for tomorrow. However, I suppose this would be better in the "Occasional Nervousness" thread. Hehe, we should have one of those.

I meant excuse me like sorry about that not like I'm a black girl and you just ran into me. :D