APC Forum

Occasional Happiness

Draco_Aster

From my grandfather. Had some stuff lying around that he was going to throw out (yes there are more stuff) inclusive a part of a label-machine which has some usable bits (the rollers, pulleys, motor...)

But actually I'm not sure of the price of the phosphor bronze, but as new it's quite expensive.

Guitar strings are made out of phosphor bronze (on ebay anyway and wikipedia.)

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mumbles

• mormanman

• tentacles

• Bonny

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Its been a while, but IIRC the phosphor bronze strings are more directed at acoustic guitars.

And im happy because im leaving in 30mins for PGI!

Yes, I did get the 400$ from break ;)

So you never answered you want to share???? :D Please.

Ah, cool then!

They do it through PayPal or what?

Yup. Hmm, perhaps your friends didn't get the money because they might have send the signed Terms & Conditions to the wrong e-mail (if they e-mailed it)

The e-mail stated on the papers are not the one you should send it to, so it's a bit confusing.

Wooooooot. I made my first star mine tonight and it was cool. It went like 10 to 15 feet in the air it was awsome.

Wooooooot. I made my first star mine tonight and it was cool. It went like 10 to 15 feet in the air it was awsome.

what stars did you use and what style star mine (bag, components separated by cardboard etc.

I put some mighty fast pine bp in the tube (the tube was like a thick rocket tube) and wrapped some TT stars in a piece of tissue paper. The fuse was black match if anyone is wondering. They got about 15 feet of air.

Score!

http://i13.tinypic.com/67rzmhk.jpg

I finally got a source...for $28.00 out the door. I'm a happy pyro.

Yay, just recieved:

Aluminium, German Dark 1 kg

Magnesium, 210 mesh 1 kg

Hexamine 1 kg

Nitrocellulose laquer 1 l

Potassium Perchlorate 3 kg

Strontium Carbonate 1 kg

Barium Nitrate 2 kg

Sodium Benzoate 1 kg

Aluminium, bright flake 1 kg

Strontium Nitrate 1 kg

Antimony Trisulphide 1 kg

Bismuth Trioxide 1 kg

PVC 1 kg

Potassium Dichromate 0,5 kg

Red Gum 0,5 kg

Magnalium 1 kg

Ammonium Perchlorate 2 kg

Time for some experiments!

I have to say...I LOVE the new Ball Mill I made. Making 1kg BP in 4 hours beats the hell out of 300g in 12hours!

...and it's faster, too...17% according to my 30" burn-trough test. :D

im so happy i tested 3 of my reeper silver stars in a star tester using the pyroguide tutorial (they call it a starmine) anyway i was worried the stars would blow blind because i was having trouble lighting them on the ground but 1.5 g of my homemade lift shot three stars fifteen feet and ignited them all perfectly with nice long spark trails im very happy.

Wow.

I met this guy who was also into making pyrotechnics, he's danish.

I'm going to a firing (perhaps fire something myself) at a saturday show in Tivoli (amusement park). I can't load mortar though, since I'm underaged.

He asked if he could bring me anything, he will e.g. give me a rocket with 5" shell on it and crossette candle, maybe some chems (he got like 1 ton from nitroparis)

I really look forward to it, it so nice to meet a non-kewl pyro besides myself in denmark, i didn't knew that would've excisted :lol:

Also I'm gonna make 100$ on a video I submitted to metacafe, it got 20000 and a score over 3, I own all rights so I will look forward to more video-produced money.

Regards

Wow qwezxc12, i have the EXACT same kind of KN03, where did you get yours?

PM'd you.

Where did you get it I want some? Come on share the love.

Cool, thanks qwezxc, i got mine from southern states coperative, but that only works if you live in a southern state, just call everyone that might have it, and ask for about the same NPK numbers as the ones on qwezxc's bag, the phone book is your friend.

I scored a free 3" ID, 1/2" wall, 48" long spiral paper tube for free.

It would be ok to used this as a mortar tube, even tho its not parallel. Right?