APC Forum

Occasional Happiness

Draco_Aster

That's the rules... submit an original video, get it on front page and you'll get 400$

Look here

http://upload.break.com/media/uploadmultiple.aspx

Hate to burst you're bubble, but you won't be seeing any money. Break are notorious for ripping people off.

If that bothers you then email them and demand that it's taken down.

Are you sure of this? I contacted them and they said if it was an original video (no rip-off music etc.) they would contact me in 5-7 working days and I should sign and they give me the money. Seems fair enough...

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mumbles

• mormanman

• tentacles

• Bonny

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What they say and what they'll actually do are different matters.

You may luck out, but I know a lot of people that never got paid.

It's worth a shot though I suppose.

Yes sir.

Well, they sent me a few .pdf's to sign and such, and also asked for proofs that I made it. I am quite sure I will get paid.

Alright. I was just warning you.

I know people that went through all of the form signing and everything, yet never received a penny.

I'm curious how it's going to turn out with you though.

I am really happy. I granulated my puck of newly pressed bp today, that stuff is ungodly fast. Kinda makes the unpressed stuff look slow lol. I wanna test lifting a dummy shell with it, but its kinda raining out today. Maybe I can tomorow.

I'm pretty happy because I just ordered my dream camcorder. The Sony Vx2100! :D

http://uaflibrary.us/media/equipment/images/SonyVX2100.jpg

SWEEET! I Want one :D .

Tell me, how many pixles? Does it have 3CCD's?

I built a small Van de Graaff generator and can get ~1/2 in sparks off it, I am currently constructing a larger one to get nice large sparks. Leyden jar here I come!!

I don't know about pixels, but yes it has 3CCDs. After getting my Panasonic GS300 I'm never going back to single chip cameras.

Having 3CCDs is the next best thing to high definition. I'm not ready to upgrade to HD yet though.

I'll film something pyro-wise with it when it comes in. Sadly I'm pretty inactive in pyro nowadays.

Should be here Monday! :D

Very sweet piece of kit there! Personally I'd always choose Canon over Sony, but that's just me in my biased world! Looking forward to see the results of filming some pyro with that beast!

I'm happy because I just accepted an offer on my house, and am set to make a £25,000 profit over 2 years. Time for some pyrotechnic celebrations, followed be some champagne, then a little splurging on pyro goodies and camera glass!

I just got a pack of powdered dye to make some colored smoke. It might work, I hope it does.

Optimus, I considered getting a GL2 over the VX but went with the VX instead.

I've filmed with a GL2 before. It's alright, but the Sony seems to have better features. I've also heard of people having trouble keeping the GL2's heads clean. A problem that you shouldn't encounter with a prosumer cam like that.

Edit: The VX2100 was the main camera used to film the Jackass series. :P

To be honest my opinion is only formed by my love of white Canon glass. I'm more of a stills guy, but I've had some fun with a GL2 in the past - recording gigs and making music videos etc...

If you get the chance, try filming some long-hanging dim stars with it (lampblack horsetail or similar) It should have awesome low-light quality.

That's another reason I went for the VX. It's known for good low light filming.

Ok. My mom got really mad at me awhile back and I have been making fountains and she likes them a lot so last night I ask her I could test some of my rockets and she said sure. So I had a crap bp rocket that sucked and was more like a fire started than anything else. I also test a Candy rocket and I had no thrust. So I got a little disappointed so I went into my workshop and built a brand new good bp rocket. It was wonderful but it CATO (:D). What happened was to anchor it down I put some weights on the engine and the extra pressure blew the nozzle out (Thats how it CATO-ed). But the tail I swear shot out about 3 feet before the nozzle blew out. It was awesome.

Damn, I so wish, we had N2O cartridges for sale here:( I really want to build hybrids too. How about the idea of firing burane into a solid oxidiser?

This maybe unethical but maybe a balloon filled with butane or propane and put that on the hybrid. Just a thought it probably won't work though.

Got the first parts for my ball mill:

A motor with adjustable speed and pulleys and with 4 rollers: 2 usable and 2 HUGE phosphor bronze!!! Those are some 1000$ worth. Harder than stainless steel and sparkles. Only downside with the hardness is it's hard to turn on a lathe.

And also a 1 meter of acrylic Ø11 cm tube with thick walls for milling jars. Then I can see inside when it's milling.

Also some metres of stainless steel its Ø12 mm, do you think it's an acceptable size for such milling jar?

The best of all: All 4 free!

Got the first parts for my ball mill:

A motor with adjustable speed and pulleys and with 4 rollers: 2 usable and 2 HUGE phosphor bronze!!! Those are some 1000$ worth. Harder than stainless steel and sparkles. Only downside with the hardness is it's hard to turn on a lathe.

And also a 1 meter of acrylic Ø11 cm tube with thick walls for milling jars. Then I can see inside when it's milling.

Also some metres of stainless steel its Ø12 mm, do you think it's an acceptable size for such milling jar?

The best of all: All 4 free!

How did you get all of the for free. That like $1500 plus or minus but still thats a lot.

From my grandfather. Had some stuff lying around that he was going to throw out (yes there are more stuff) inclusive a part of a label-machine which has some usable bits (the rollers, pulleys, motor...)

But actually I'm not sure of the price of the phosphor bronze, but as new it's quite expensive.