APC Forum

Occasional Happiness

Draco_Aster

YEEES!!

I found the first serious Pyro in Denmark besides me!! :lol:

He asked if I wanted to assist in a firing in Tivoli (an amusement park) looking forward to my first shooting!

Hooray!!

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mumbles

• mormanman

• tentacles

• Bonny

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

sorry for OT, but pudidotdk, do you really have to have such a large image for avatar, I mean it slows loading down.

Well that good but I get done with my hydroaulic press tomorrow if my brother didn't lose the bottle jack :rolleyes:

i just finished my very first 4" aerial shell. it will probably be a while before i can launch iy but thats ok. my main concern is my stars wont ignite.

Good luck man your way ahead of me and I think I started before you but it doesn't matter I'm just envious.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

Not sure if you remember me but I've been on here a while back but haven't been on much lately. Anyhow I got a new job thanks to all the stuff I learned here and all the help you guys have given to me over my time here. I now work as a contractor for the navy explosive ordnance disposal testing various explosive detection equipment and other chem lab stuff. So this is a happiness for me so I figured I would post this in this thread and just say hey to some of the old timers on this forum.

Take care!!

Hey, long time no see...err...talk... Teknix! Congrats man, sounds like a lot of fun!

Oh and as for my happiness....uhhhh its summertime... that makes me happy! It counts right? :P

Wow, nice looking!

I've been thinking about one as well, but the problem would be releasing the N2O from the cartridge, how did you solve it?

And what fuel are you using?

The N2O cartridge is pierced by the piercing unit (the little round metal thing in the middle) when the bolt is tightened at the top. It travels through the piercer and is contained by the O-ring and the piece of nitrocellulose plastic until that is ignited by the pre-heater grain. It is really quite an ingenuous method that is used by most of the engines that are made around the N2O charges.

Part of the reason I built it was to test different fuels so I'll be testing paper, HTPB rubber, wax, tar, and PVC. The grain in the picture is paper.

If you want to know more about them, there is a yahoo group for it that has a good amount of info. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/microhybrids/

Yay, got myself a paper cutter, this makes cutting strips of paper for lambetti a fun operation :D Cost me only 10€

Oohh snap... I just got my chemicals. Its been a long wait but its time to experiment!!!

I must say pentachlorophenol(PCP) makes one hell of a chlorine donor... go figure 1 Cl short of being hexachlorobenzene. I made a pretty damn nice looking red with strontium nitrate providing a majority of the oxygen with a little KClO4 to get things movin. The comp burned a little smokey at first and then produced white smoke. I am going to try a mixture of KClO3/S/PCP/CuO This should be quite interesting.

The disadvantage is that PCP is toxic as hell (much higher acute toxicity vs Hexachlorobenzene) and technical supposedly contains 86% PCP with the remainder being chlorinated dioxin derivatives and various other nasty compounds that will most likely result in various lumps down the road...

Oriansbelt, i think you got me hooked on the idea of making one for myself... but i don't have a milling machine... I have an idea for one using 2 sections of brass tubing 2 end stoppers and one female to female linker. Ish. Its an idea in progress... and brass is a little heavy... i wish i had pre-threaded Al pipe.

In other news...

I'm almost finished with my 3" 5 tube mortar rack. Just gotta add the spacers between the tubes, 2 carrying handles, and some eye screws for rebar to stabilize it.

Oh my piss it was awesome just a second ago (and I don't know how it happened) my bp worked fantastically for the first time but I don't get it.

I was testing the effects of the TT mix one with dextrin and one without and I didn't weigh (I didn't know I was suppose to) well anyway I go outside and it burns like the commercial kind and it poofs :D. And guess what else I use like Spanish cedar, red oak, white oak, and maybe some pine NO WILLOW. But I just need some help understanding the TT mix stuff and if I should keep doing that but now I making some bp the right way, weighing it.

Thats why you should always weigh and record your measurements somewhere. But i have no idea why TT would burn really fast. Unless it was polveroned/granulated?

Thats why you should always weigh and record your measurements somewhere. But i have no idea why TT would burn really fast. Unless it was polveroned/granulated?

I don't mean to be rude but do you me Pulverine not polveroned I guess the "O" and "I" are to close. But yeah it was dust so now I'm making some bp the right way. I hope its ready by 6:00 pm.

My "Negative-X Tutorial" video is now on the front page of www.break.com

This should give me 400$ :lol:

My "Negative-X Tutorial" video is now on the front page of www.break.com

This should give me 400$ :lol:

Why would this give you $400?

I'm happy because I figured out how to use our camera so I posted a couple vids in the pyrotechnics section.

That's the rules... submit an original video, get it on front page and you'll get 400$

Look here

http://upload.break.com/media/uploadmultiple.aspx

Hate to burst you're bubble, but you won't be seeing any money. Break are notorious for ripping people off.

If that bothers you then email them and demand that it's taken down.

I got over 5 pounds of uranyl acetate and 113 grams of uranyl nitrate for free......plus other goodies like nitroanaline, potassium cyanide/thiocyanate, ect...

I'll also get much, much more when I can drive to the guys place to get the other hundreds of pounds of other chems. Oh glorious day, oh glorious day.