APC Forum

Occasional Happiness

Draco_Aster

I'm happy because i just passed my grade 3 saxaphone with distinction, 97%!

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mumbles

• mormanman

• tentacles

• Bonny

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Im just happy beacuse I found a better cheaper supplier for Potassium nitrate, Potassium chlorate,Potassium perchlorate and sulfur, plus, I got one of my best friends to help me make rockets.

And beside, Im just happy beacuse school year is almost over! :D

Just recieved my membership stuff today in the post. I'm offically a member of Muzzle loaders association of Great Britain. Should be fun.

I'm happy because i just passed my grade 3 saxaphone with distinction, 97%!

Is that an Associated Board of the Royal Schools of Music Exam?

Congrats either way!

Weknowpyro - does that mean you can by commercial BP?

Unfortunately no, the guidelines are becoming even stricter now. Because I am still under 18 and cannot apply for a firearms certificate until then, I will have to use the clubs own guns.

However the laws are just ridiculous. I can hold the gun, use primers, load the shot and wadding and fire the weapon but under U.K legislation I am not legally allowed to touch blackpowder without an explosives license.

The laws are just ridiculous now, what’s going to do more damage?

A person holding 20 grains of blackpowder or a person with a loaded musket.

I use trinity optimus, thanks. I told this kid at school that i got 97% for my grade 3 and he said oh i got 98% :lol: . That kid is bloody competitive :P

OH SO VERY HAPPY DAY

Today, I have reached the SKIES!

I made a few simple KNO3 Suger rockets, with some BP and it went amazingly well

I made a few hummers that were astonishing!

And even a simple Whistle mix

Potassium chlorate - 75

and Gallic acid - 25

I AM SO HAPPY

too bad I didnt have a camera to record that, It was brilliant

I will be sure to film my next rocket, Im planning something big but safe ^^.

Yay, just ordered half a kilo of 15-300micron Mg powder for 15€ and 1 kilo of granular 100micron aluminium for 12€, so happy. I'm going to try some comets with magnesium and see how they fair in a Z fan comet rack :D

I got my ball mill and I am so happy it was like on sale or something and I got it for 30 bucks and its sopose to be 50 or something like that. Its a harbor freight dual drum rock tumbler.

And does anyone know how old you have to be to be a licenced pyro.

I'm happy because i just made a pneumatic spudgun out of a water bottle, a pen, clingfilm and a schrader valve.

Got a ~5 piece of 4 inch sch. 40 pvc pipe for free. I plan on cutting it into 6 inch pieces for ball mill jars.

The only problem I have is end pieces. I believe I heard of a version made out of plywood and using wingnuts to hold it on. If anyone can point me in the right direction for this sort of enclosure please do.

Got a ~5 piece of 4 inch sch. 40 pvc pipe for free. I plan on cutting it into 6 inch pieces for ball mill jars.

The only problem I have is end pieces. I believe I heard of a version made out of plywood and using wingnuts to hold it on. If anyone can point me in the right direction for this sort of enclosure please do.

End caps from lowes or um those plumbing twisty caps this mite help it might help I hope it does.

I am aware of those sites and do want that style jar (6" size) for my BP jar. But I really am looking for just an inexpensive way to cap my other jars.

Thanks though. Keep 'em coming guys.

I am aware of those sites and do want that style jar (6" size) for my BP jar. But I really am looking for just an inexpensive way to cap my other jars.

Thanks though. Keep 'em coming guys.

Maybe one (or two) of these?:

http://www.mcmaster.com/catalog/113/gfx/large/2645kp1l.gif

Plastic Low-Pressure Mechanical Test Plugs

End-of-Pipe Use

Inside-Pipe Use

* Plate: ABS thermoplastic

* Stem: Zinc-plated steel

* Nut: Zinc

* Seal: Natural rubber

* Temp. Range: 0° to 125° F

All have a tough, impact-resistant plastic plate. Plugs for end-of-pipe use are only used to seal the end of a pipe. Plugs for inside-pipe use can be inserted into the pipe (as far as needed) to seal the pipe.

McMaster-Carr Item# 2645K52

That is very interesting. In the 4 inch size their only 6 bucks too. Thanks for the tip.

• 2 weeks later...
Oh, boy, finally vacation:) Also I got a bunch of glassware from my teacher, I'm soo happy. I got 2 200ml florence flasks, 1 200ml boiling flask, 1 350ml erlenmeyer flask, 2 separatory funnels, 2 gas generators(they are small, test tube size) but good for small scale experiments), 250 ml graduated cylinder, 400ml beaker, 2 100ml beakers, bunch of glass tubing, bunch of rubber stoppers, bunch of filter papers, bunch of pH papers oh and 2 glass stoppers.

Yay it's been a good week for me mufti day, coming back from school trip, hunting, getting macromedia studio and awoohoo its a in service day today so no school.

Yay, had my final test yesterday... vacation!!! :lol:

It was physics/chemistry, I got 13 which is = A+

Can only thank pyro for that!

talkin of tests, I had national exams as well 93 in chemistry aind 71 in geography out of 100. I was aiming for 10o in chemistry, but I made a stupid mistake in calculations, in a 8p task, in the beginning, which made the rest of the task wrong.

Congrats Frozentech, that should be fun for the 4th. your in alaaska, how do you get chems up thar? (yes that's right, i said thar.) :P

You know... Alaska does sound like a pretty nice place to live... IMO...

Cool...I commercial fished (24 ft. Gill-netter) for reds and silvers in Bristol Bay back in 1993...Egegik and Naknek rivers on two different permits for the same skipper. Interesting to say the least. Did some work down in Homer, too.

Also worked in Juneau several times the last three years.

Congrats Frozentech, that should be fun for the 4th. your in alaaska, how do you get chems up thar? (yes that's right, i said thar.) :P

ORM-D in small quantities, Freight Forwarders out of Seattle/Tacoma for large or serious Hazmat. Shipping is a killer for the Alaska pyro's though. Not to mention ORM-D comes by slow boat ( literally ) so a Skylighter order takes 3 weeks at least.