APC Forum

Flitter ? ?

G*K

I guess this could turn into a huge debate....but what is the best gold flitter comp? I am looking for a gold flitter comets.

What do you look for in the raw material to get the super long tremalon effect?

I have seen two supposedly made from the same formula look incredibly different....

Thanks

G*K

Flitter and glitter can mean the same thing. My personal theory is there was a typo and f was put in place of g, but that is completely unfounded and just for fun. :P

Flitter, glitter, and tremalon all can mean the same thing. Over time they have each taken on their own effect. This is at least how I differentiate them. Several other share similar views.

Glitter - many delayed flashes at random intervals. Usually made with granular or atomised aluminum or MgAl.

Flitter - More of a streamer with some shimmering. Flitters are generally made using a flake aluminum, sometimes with MgAl.

Tremalon - Like a glitter but with fewer and more of a delayed strobe-like effect.

Which are you looking for exactly?

I would say that I am looking for flitter....

A long shimmering streamer typically gold but can be white also.

Not really too much actual 'strobing' to it. Typically the comps I've looked at contain flake aluminum.....

Is there a 'gold standard' (pun intended) composition for this type of effect.....?

I guess the key is the flake. What chacteristics or material designations (product numbers) am I looking for?

thanks

G*K