APC Forum

Black Powder?

bleedin label

Can I have A Step By Step guid to make it? If this already exists.. sorry i couldnt find it could you give me link?

Anyways I know I need Charcoal.. I have A Pacific Willow in my front yard and alder in my backyard What should I use? or a totaly different wood?

Thanks

Here you go

Willow is a good wood for BP, most woods with little gum work well. Alder is also one of these woods, so they would both be almost perfect.

"Pacific willow is the best for BP"- wikipedia.

btw, this forum doesn't like spoonfeeding. Check out some of the locked threads.

Just remember for next time ;)

I really can't believe you couldnt find a guide to making black powder, there is an entire thread in this very forum on black powder, plus almost every pyro site, even if small, has a black powder tutorial,

as far as the wood for the charcoal goes both are very good either should work fine for black powder.

use the search option in this forum and enter black powder thread you should get some results.

yeah I know :D

I have a few forums I have ran and im in allot of forums

But This is an area where I am almost starting from scratch..

Ive made a few pyro things but not that many..

Napalm or Thermite Anyong :P

Thanks

Well Im making Charcoal Powder outta the Willow...

Ive grinded it up realy good its a powder.. It was a little wet since it was raining outside

So should I let it dry and Grind it agian? Couse it seems to be a little lumpy or will that go away once it drys?

And Last question is What it the Pressing about? Make it into more useable blocks? I have access to a 15 ton hydralic press and was wondering what the "pressing" ive seen is about I dont fully understand that concept

I am sorry for being so annoying but you guys are helping greatly

Once I get this shit done i wont have to bug you so much :D

one reason is called corning. You compress it into pellet and then break up the pellets into the desired particle size. This changes the burn rate quite a lot.

Can I have A Step By Step guid to make it? If this already exists.. sorry i couldnt find it could you give me link?

Anyways I know I need Charcoal.. I have A Pacific Willow in my front yard and alder in my backyard What should I use? or a totaly different wood?

Thanks

Check out the black powder thread to get some good ideas on making good quality powder. Most of the people on this forum have done a lot of research and testing in order to make good BP. It's not exacly an easy process.You need to find chemicals that are relatively pure and the tools to process them into meal BP. All the info is here so search and learn. The best tutorial site I can recommend is United Nuclear.com. They have a good step by step procedure for BP manufacture.