APC Forum

Old school help needed - Spiderweb

G*K

I am new to the forum and hoping someone can give me the basics on a spiderweb shell.

I'm not looking for a spider shell - The effect I want is a small number of charcoal comp stars that break quickly (but not necessarily loud) in a straight line. This gives the effect of lines drawn out from the center that last for a time after the star goes out. If a number of them are fired together, it looks like a fine spiderweb.

The ones I remember are cannisters with cut stars...I should have paid more attention (I was young and knew everything at the time :D )when they were being built.

Does anyone have a resource on the composition and constuction of these shells, type of stars, break, size.....

Thanks

GK

small tiger tail stars with a break with a little extra flash would probably do the trick but I think there is a specific spiderweb star but I dont know it

The only difference between a spider and a spider web star is a spider web star has smaller stars, I would suggest looking in the comp section of the forum for the spider star. I really like it. It's bushier than the tiger tail star. I am thinking about adding some 80 mesh C or some metals for a slower burn rate and a more glittery tail.

The only difference between a spider and a spider web star is a spider web star has smaller stars, I would suggest looking in the comp section of the forum for the spider star. I really like it. It's bushier than the tiger tail star. I am thinking about adding some 80 mesh C or some metals for a slower burn rate and a more glittery tail.

How would the star geometry cut/ rolled/ pumped affect how the "tail" looks ?

hi

maybe can this formular help you.

ID: 843

Title: Charcoal Streamer Star, Degn, Spider Web, Source: Westech

Chem1: Meal Powder 33

Chem2: Sulfur 8

Chem3: Charcoal Airfloat 6

Chem4: Potassium Nitrate 4

Chem5: Lampblack 1

Chem6: Dextrin 1

Category: stars

Description: Dampen with 50/50 water/alcohol.

have somebody made a spider web shell pliz tel us the results, and send videos!

LP, Rok

Not really sure, I've only made them into cut. Even on the ground, the sparks get thrown around pretty good. I don't think it would really matter all that much.