APC Forum

Please Post VIDEO'S if you got em .

h&k machineguns

I still can't believe that thing actually left the pad. That thing was heavy! The salute in the video doesn't do it justice; it was much more impressive in person!

my first rocket with actual tooling. no delay, 6 gram b.p. salute. awesome tool set. thanks dagabu!

Whoot! Outstanding job roger!

Nice! Good job with the BP salute too.

Core length? nozzle? fuel?

I can lift quite a bit with my 1/2" bp rockets, with 75:15:10 paulownia charcoal and a nozzle.

header was a 1/2" cylinder shell, 4.5" length- it didnt work out the way I hoped but it lifted!

Total weight of the rocket was around 6-7 ounces.

Edited by Maserface

i haven't measured but it's one of dag's sets. the fuel is 60/30/10 pine b.p. and a plain bentonite nozzle.

not yet but i will be looking to add that the more i step up my rocket game. i'm only just getting started.

not yet but i will be looking to add that the more i step up my rocket game. i'm only just getting started.

Oh yes, the rocket addiction will set in hard !!

and your rocket game will grow........ ^_^

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Great videos! Did he give any details about the comet cluster shells? I was wondering when he would make this effect!

He did Friday afternoon, but I wasn't there yet. Each color is a stack of 4 though. I think that's all there is to it.
  • Like 1

SOOOOO BEAUTIFUL!!! I wish I could have went this month. Tom R is a master and Ive always wanted to meet him

Stay Safe and Stay Green

~Steven

Man, that was just superb!!! - wished I was there. I really liked the crowd commentary as well :)

Edited by stix

Dan

Those whistle motors pack a lot of power I have ruptured my ear drums on several occasions over the years from cato's. Add some mineral oil to your fuel mix and dial back on the percentage until they start to cato. You can also adjust the fuel/oxidizer ratio to tame the power of the fuel. I tend to press my whistle motors at higher pressures to guarantee the fuel grains are compressed, some Pyros are able to press whistle motors at lower pressures and make reliable motors but I have had problems each time I try and reduce the pressures on the grain (8000-9000 psi). If you go to Ben Smiths website he has a tutorial for making whistle fuel with mineral oil which seems to be a reliable fuel mix for making whistle rockets that do not cato. Reduce the amount of mineral oil to increase the power of the whistle mix fuel when you want to push the limits.

• 2 months later...

I can't seem to find an appropriate forum for ground devices or fountains... So I'll post it here. It's kind of like an upside down rocket... :P

[Video]

Edited by ddewees

To bad all the smoke makes the effect hard to see. Perhaps using a choke, and a couple of venturi holes would help draw more air in to the smoke, thin it out, and make it look more like a silver fountain, then a plume of smoke?

A primitive venturi should be possible to make using rocket nozzle formers, and making a slightly thicker nozzle, creating a choke point in to which you can add the venturi channel. Adding more air could, at least in theory, create a less dense smoke, but i admit, i'm not sure how, if at all, it would affect the show. It would also be somewhat labor intensive to hand drill the hole into the choke.

B!

They don't look like the video in person... The brightness must be causing that. I don't remember the smoke interfering at all. Watching the video does though, I thought the same thing.

The titanium mixed with white strobe is just way too much white.

• 3 weeks later...