APC Forum

Please Post VIDEO'S if you got em .

h&k machineguns

I thought that too, but it looked like it had too much thrust and height while in the ground for that. The sound sounded like it came from a choke too. Maybe by the time it got back to the ground it had a more parabolic burn front than flat.

It was all end burner, you can see and hear the pop right before it turns around.

This is a pretty old video, I keep it around because it makes me laugh and I love the !!THUMP!! sound it makes.

• 2 weeks later...

The stars are emerald green to bleser white strobe.

3~4mm Bleser white cores rolled to 10 mm with emerald green.

Thanks,

BJV

The spiraling is due to the motor casing burning through and the gasses coming out at an angle. I have to admit, i watched it three times, the white smoke sure is pretty and the final spiral was a lot of fun to watch.

Waterglass will keep the burn through down if applied properly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQDNdeaxz-c

Some rockets from last night. The first is a 3lb BP motor with a 4" shell of shells. The next is a 1lb BP motor with stinger second stage. I think I need to add something to the fuel around the spindle to get a tail when it starts spinning, you can hear it though. Then a 1lb whistle motor with my first 3" 3 break can. The motor needs a little work, but it did what I asked of it so I'm okay with it.

Edited by WonderBoy

HOORAH!!

All three worked, the timing was great especially on the 3 break canister, congratulations! You need more stick, they spiraled which is an indication either the stick is to short, round or too flexible.

Thanks guys. The 2nd and 3rd motor both had 5/16" square poplar totaling 4' long. I must have put the sticks on cockeyed on the 2nd, it had 2 2' sticks on opposite sides of the motor. I was thinking that the 2 sticks would help keep the rocket on course while the stinger spun up to speed, I don't know if it really made any difference. And the 3rd had a 3' and a 1' stick on opposing sides, but I guess it makes sense because the heading was a bit over a pound, and potentially not exactly straight on the motor. I had a hard time getting the shell straight in line since it was about long as the motor.

Says the video is not yet processed. If it's been there a while you may need to upload it again.

Says the video is not yet processed. If it's been there a while you may need to upload it again.

And the girandola one says "This video is not available".

Ah, you beat me to it.

Edited by Peret

That's pretty darn impressive to have your first girandola work! And the monocopter was outstanding. Could you do a write up on how to make it?

Congrats, Dag!