APC Forum

Please Post VIDEO'S if you got em .

h&k machineguns

I'm sitting here chewing on my cookie and wondering at what size of motor one needs to use a press, as opposed to ramming.

The first set of leaves looked great, the others so so

I love it when not so perfect attempts are posted, makes me feel better :)

The first set of leaves looked great, the others so so

I love it when not so perfect attempts are posted, makes me feel better :)

Uh, thanks?

What was wrong with them ? :mellow:

Actually the one thing I don't like about rockets is the distance.

When the shell fires sometimes it's dificult to determine how well it performed.

Yes, that is really the issue with these leaves, they were launched on my Super-Duper-Hybrid-Fueled 3# rockets to about 1000 feet. The reason for this was to allow the leaves plenty of time to burn out before they touched the ground. I will be using 1# rockets on the next trial and then move to 8 oz. rockets if they still are too high.

The reason I post these videos is so that you all can tear them apart and tell me what is wrong with them (all but Algenco, you got it coming for sure!) so that I know what to improve.

• 3 weeks later...

I just got a new press, so I've been pondering rockets to make. Any suggestions? Here's a 1lb Whistle assisted stinger and a test of some medium-fast whistle fuel (the stick was pretty quarky and I don't think the fast take off helped any).

I really like having a non-sketchy press, it makes everything so much easier.

Edited by WonderBoy

Yup, right about apex, the nozzle broke (stupid waxed clay) and the rocket turned around to make a pretty gerb.