APC Forum

Please Post VIDEO'S if you got em .

h&k machineguns

"That one was MINT!"

Word.

Nice rockets Chris! 100% success, including the payload test. I'm looking forward to seeing the next!

You should try the 6/3/1 ones at night... they have a very beautiful spark trail.

Well now I know they actually fly I'll be stepping it up a bit for next time.. I think I'll make the larger one my 'standard' size for the rockets and play with some payloads on those suckers.. Maybe make them a little shorter though, because that one just kept on burning.. For about 7.5 seconds.

Looks good. It is always a good feeling getting your first rockets to work.

Attached is an example of what not to do. I was having issues with my press and got about half the pressure I was shooting for. I've been using a sketchy press made out of wood for a couple years; I'd say it's time to upgrade, once I have the time to figure out a new layout that is.

I was trying to test the limits of my rockets lifting capacity, so I made a nice heavy header for it. Started with a nice half pound bottom shot in a 4" salute casing, and rolled up some craft around it. I added in 8 - 8g salutes that i just cut the fuse about the same length to give a simultaneous but slightly random timing, a cannonade type of effect. On top of that went some cut D1 glitters stars, about 3/8", could have been bigger but I was using up some old stock. Yes, I did spike it with nylon string, I only wanted a little confinement for a soft break of glitter and some falling reports. It ended up working very well. Fused at the top with some fast paper fuse which ran down to the top of the motor where I cut a notch out for it.

Rocket was a 3/4" whistle burning some kind of fuel, salicylate based. Delay of maybe an inch of comp above the spindle. Made the tooling to fly a 700g 5" ball shell, I kinda over shot my weight when the can shell topped over 1000g.

Pic: http://pyrobin.com/files/img_0836.jpg

Video: http://pyrobin.com/files/mvi_0837.mov

Psyco,

Are you using a Windows OS? If so, you can download Windows Live Movie Maker and make a 1 or 2 Mb movie that will load quickly on out browsers.

I cant upload a 40 Mb file without loosing some packets, that probably what happened here so a smaller file would help greatly in getting the whole file posted.

That was a very nice rocket!

You say you mixed and ground using a coffee grinder. Do you just mean you ground the ingredients seperately, then mixed (screening, diaper, 'wet' method, or whatever, or did you actually use the coffee grinder to mix too?

If so I suggest you don't do this anymore, since mixing compositions that way is not safe, and with one as sensitive and violent as whistle, it's very not safe,

That was a very nice rocket!

You say you mixed and ground using a coffee grinder. Do you just mean you ground the ingredients seperately, then mixed (screening, diaper, 'wet' method, or whatever, or did you actually use the coffee grinder to mix too?

If so I suggest you don't do this anymore, since mixing compositions that way is not safe, and with one as sensitive and violent as whistle, it's very not safe,

I forgot to mention i grinded the chems seperatly in different grinders.

And then mixed the chems with vaseline and colemanfuel. In a heated beaker, melting the vaseline first and then the colemanfuel and next the chems.

Knead it all together and granulate it. Thanks for the compliment.

Grtz E

Nice rocket but the beaker has got to go. I will find the thread but another of our pyros here got hurt using a heated beaker. In our world, glass of any kind is usually a no-no.

It shouldn't be a problem to melt your Vaseline and mix in some solvent as long as you dont use an open flame with the solvent. Make sure the glass you are using is heat rated, like Pyrex is. If you try heating up your drinking glass, bad stuff will happen. You also dont want to add the flammable mix of chemicals to the hot glass container, especially if its on a hot burner. Just dump your mix of liquids into the mix of chems and go from there.

It shouldn't be a problem to melt your Vaseline and mix in some solvent as long as you dont use an open flame with the solvent. Make sure the glass you are using is heat rated, like Pyrex is. If you try heating up your drinking glass, bad stuff will happen. You also dont want to add the flammable mix of chemicals to the hot glass container, especially if its on a hot burner. Just dump your mix of liquids into the mix of chems and go from there.

psyco,

Did you get a chance to re-upload your last video? I don't think anyone was able to get it to work.

Edited by FrankRizzo

This thread is tempting me to the Dark Side. I may have to make proper rockets - all I've done so far is small stingers.

Nice whistle & cannonade Psyco!

Peret, we have cookies!!

don't fall for the cookies!!

I still haven't gotten mine2angry.gif

Ahem, I believe the phrase, "We have cookies" does not necessarily mean that we will be giving YOU cookies but that indeed, "WE" have cookies. :whistle:

Besides, you never sent in the four box tops plus $.99 for your Junior Birdsman wings so we have no idea where to send the cookies. ;)

Ahem, I believe the phrase, "We have cookies" does not necessarily mean that we will be giving YOU cookies but that indeed, "WE" have cookies. whistle.gif

Besides, you never sent in the four box tops plus $.99 for your Junior Birdsman wings so we have no idea where to send the cookies. wink2.gif

I did too! Of course that was before you were bornwhistle.gif