APC Forum

Please Post VIDEO'S if you got em .

h&k machineguns

If you want to stay away from a ball mill, but still want to make your own, you may want to dry wetting the mix with hot water, and kneading until it cools to a granulatable consistency. I don't know how much you're making at once. This probably wouldn't work well with only 30 grams. Lots of mechanical loss.

Yes, I definetly should have. I have like 300 feet or so, don't know why I didn't just grab some. I agree, the effect is still pretty, just not really D1 glitter. Thanks Mumbles, ill probably try that when I get some time. Though I do plan to get 2lbs of Goex 2F from graf and sons soon. That should hold me over for a long time, seeing as all I can make right now is consumer sized shells, star mines, and rockets. My rockets are pretty good. However, they are made with the Turbo Pyro kit, so I can't take all the credit. Ill have to post a video of those ASAP.

Hey everyone,

Shot another nice little rocket tonight.

14mm tube. Pressed this bp rocket on a whistle spindle.

So not the best performance but works very nice with this size shell.

> http://www.youtube.c...h?v=l31kimp1gbo

Nice rocket, it looked great. The only thing I would change is a faster time fuse for the header, but thats optional. Great none the less!

Here are two black powder rockets 20mm ID core burners. Headers are 3'' round shells with Better Pearl and Blesser Mg/yellow. Yellow was not succesfull but it was nice though.

All starts were cut. Burst charge corned BP with a slow flash bag in the center.

Hope you like.

Here are two black powder rockets 20mm ID core burners. Headers are 3'' round shells with Better Pearl and Blesser Mg/yellow. Yellow was not succesfull but it was nice though.

All starts were cut. Burst charge corned BP with a slow flash bag in the center.

Hope you like.

Those were nice rockets, great job!!biggrin2.gif

How many of you out there have used the Universal Tooling for Hybrids?

Have you made Hybrid fueled rockets?

• 2 weeks later...

Not exactly HD, but filmed with a HD camera tongue2.gif

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=H1s2fvQPy0I

PGF that was really nice, I was hoping to make some rockets and get some schooling from Rocketman but I'm still waiting for my tooling from Pianomistro since March. Hopefully he'll be up and running soon.

I will be heading out for the weekend and will take some video of my latest for you all.

:whistle:

• 3 months later...

I finally managed to get my headers to burst in the air and not on the ground :)

19mm x 110mm coreburner

2" ball header with green stars and some odd willow diadem. Burst used 6g bp coated grass seed plus 0.5g 70/30 flash boost. Total weight 130g.

• 3 weeks later...

This is my second attempt for building a parachute flare rocket.

The rocket is 20mm ID core burner and the flare is a mix

54% Magnesium

38% Barium nitrate

7% Strontium nitrate

3% Vaseline

Parachute is made of plastic Membrane.

For the ejection of the Parachute I used a spoon of granulated BP.

Flare mix needs a hot prime.

Video:

This is my second attempt for building a parachute flare rocket.

The rocket is 20mm ID core burner and the flare is a mix

54% Magnesium

38% Barium nitrate

7% Strontium nitrate

3% Vaseline

Parachute is made of plastic Membrane.

For the ejection of the Parachute I used a spoon of granulated BP.

Flare mix needs a hot prime.

Video:

Would you be willing to post a tutorial in the tut section on these?

Would you be willing to post a tutorial in the tut section on these?

Yes, sure!

I'll prepare a tutorial soon.

My pleasure to help you do this.

Yes, sure!

I'll prepare a tutorial soon.

My pleasure to help you do this.

That would be saweet with TBP's True Red formula.

That would be saweet with TBP's True Red formula.

Personally, I don't prefer red because it is common in the marine rescue parachute flares and I have seen it many times.

Next flare most probably will be a waterfall or a bright green or yellow flare.

I chose the mix I used from this list.

Flare compositions.pdf

Ok this is the craziest firework show I have ever seen in my life....got to 9:27 secs into the video to see the fireworks

There not by mine ofcourse, but I wish they were!!!!

Anyone know what the effect is that is seen from 13:37-13:48 in the video Derekroolz posted? That is really cool. How the heck do you do that?! If anyone knows please tell me!

Those sure look like parachute shells with several lance or flares hanging from the bottom. Parachute shells are actually quite complicated, and it would be difficult to explain here. There is some info in the fulcanelli articles, Hardt, and Shimizu I believe.

Big day for me today, haven't been into pyro for long but had great guidance from these forums fellow users.

After a few trials and errors, and taking on mre and more advise. Researching techniques and designs I crafted six BP rockets and this is the result..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ELYTKBySlY

I'd like to give credit to those who have put up with me in chat and on the forums, to the people who have made BP and rocket tutorials and a big thanks to Seymour for the charcoal!

These wouldn't have gotten off the ground without APC Forums.

Enjoy the video. :)

"That one was MINT!"

Word.

Nice rockets Chris! 100% success, including the payload test. I'm looking forward to seeing the next!

You should try the 6/3/1 ones at night... they have a very beautiful spark trail.