APC Forum

Please Post VIDEO'S if you got em .

h&k machineguns

The flight of both looks exactly the same side by side on my PC. Same start, same flight time until flame out... I think your delay was too long.

BTW- slightly damp BP has more power then dry BP. No kidding.

D

How can slightly damp BP have more power then dry BP? You mean after drying or..?

Interestingly, while rereading the Best of AFN this past week, there were several references to dampened BP and its relative speed compared to dry BP. In fact, 2% water can significantly speed up rockets to the point of CATO.

Anecdotally, just a little more water and it is much slower then dry BP.

Go figure?!?

Nice job :) I wish I could get my rocket tooling from pianomistro too. How long ago did you receive that tooling? I've been waiting almost 4 months...

Yeah i know im waiting on another set for some time now too.

This one i got somewhere november last year or so.

Its nice stuff as soon as you get it...2sad.gif

hello everyone,My name is AK, I'm from Vietnam, I recently attended the forum because he sweverdriver71 introduced to this forum, I want to ask a missile whistle, I tried several times and still explode, this is Photos missile whistle, I do not know why it exploded

http://up.anhso.net/upload/20100426/12/o/anhso-18_DSC00192.jpg

http://up.anhso.net/upload/20100426/12/o/anhso-16_DSC00191.jpg

Seven,

Were you able to find the paper casing after it exploded? If you could take a photo of it, it would tell us what happened. Video?

Sevendays,

This is a aprox 3lb whistle you are dealing with. In order to build such size you need signifficant pressure using a press (I'd say at least a 6tn one). Also you need a strong paper tube as well.

Another eason of cato could be a not enough dryed mix.

What are the ingredients Epryo?

Fuel is 70/30 (KNO3/C)

Report is 10 grams of 70/30 (AL german dark/KClO4)

These things really take of :lol:

I have never done a sulfur-less rocket before. How do they compare to a BP rocket?

Sevendays, what about your whistle, what are you using for fuel?

I do whistle rocket components kclo3: 76, benzoate: 23, vaseline: 3, iron oxide or manganese dioxide: 1, naphtha: 25ml, in vietnam kclo4 very eyes, so I replaced kclo3, I wrapped a very hard and are wrapped in thick paper tube, but also could not stand the pressure of it:(

This is my 3lb whistle motor test, the core is 9mm in diameter and 70mm long.

@SevenDays

You should get some commercial tubes. I tried to make them myself with a few successful tries, but the tubes are not consistent. Are you using support sleeve?

Seven Days,

It doesn't look like you've pressed your fuel sufficiently. In the closeup shot at the beginning, the fuel grain looks crumbly. The surface of the grain should be glassy smooth for best results.

Seven Days,

It doesn't look like you've pressed your fuel sufficiently. In the closeup shot at the beginning, the fuel grain looks crumbly. The surface of the grain should be glassy smooth for best results.

yes, you're right, I should not close, because I feared explosion of compression, so I had to whistle rocket wet and then use hammer to compression

WHOA!!!!!

Did you say HAMMER!!!????!!

Seven, listen carefully, NEVER, NEVER hammer whistle fuel. That is over 100 grams of fuel and that is enough to remove your hand from your arm and the debris will cause death if they hit you right. You will most definitely loose an eye and at least one ear.

You must PRESS whistle, whatever the mix, press.

Now, the fuel looks black, what is giving the black color? Whistle uses no charcoal so I am wondering what you were using.

D

yes, you're right, I should not close, because I feared explosion of compression, so I had to whistle rocket wet and then use hammer to compression

I do not hope you mean you hammered youre whistle in there, wet or not.

That is a absolute nogo DO NOT RAM WHISTLE FOR YOUR OWN AND THOSE AROUND YOU!!!