APC Forum

Please Post VIDEO'S if you got em .

h&k machineguns

True that. The things that happen on Passfire get kind of freaky sometimes. I come here for sanity. :D

To try and get back on topic, here's a video of a 3" can on a 1lb whistle rocket. I had a 8 or so timed salutes in there, didn't have very good ignition and timing. There was also a bottom shot and some Win20 stars that kinda distracted from the salute effect.

http://s108.photobucket.com/albums/n3/psyc...nt=S4024767.flv

That was a nice rocket! Good and loud. Nothing wrong with that break, either.

Derek you're really missing the entire point of what mumbles is saying.

Nice rocket psyco.

Well maybe you could explain it better, because I am not understanding crap right now.

nice work psyco was it benzo or sali

p.s. derekroolz you are the reason for 9 posts a whole half page i had to read and a whole half page of crap people have to read and i dont care if it says you cant in the rules

by the way very nice comical touch for spamers

Hello everybody

I took on a new challenge, and made the not to known rocket design Caduceus,

i used 2 stk 1lb drivers with 10% Ti added, and i also put a report on each one.

Here is the video

That was a very cool effect, simple yet elegant. I would love to give that a try.

It's hard to see the spiral with all that Ti in there. I really like the mixture of one charcoal tailed rocket, and one silver rocket. They twist around each other and make a real nice helix if you're good.

It's hard to see the spiral with all that Ti in there. I really like the mixture of one charcoal tailed rocket, and one silver rocket. They twist around each other and make a real nice helix if you're good.

I will give it a few more tries, to see the spiral is the point with this design, i must look up the silver rocket fuel you mention, ive never seen that comp before

Hello again

I gave it one more try today, it was not the "silver tail" as i thought it would be, i only added some fine Al to the BP granules in one of the motors while pressing the endburner

the result is as follows (my cam didnt work with me aswell) <_<

A 1 1/4 inch ID core burner with the Kno3 5 cent rocket mix. I've been having problems with them taking off slowly and flying parallel to the ground so this one's launched of of a pipe. Any ideas for a better launch system are appreciated!

A 1 1/4 inch ID core burner with the Kno3 5 cent rocket mix. I've been having problems with them taking off slowly and flying parallel to the ground so this one's launched of of a pipe. Any ideas for a better launch system are appreciated!

I would say everything looks good, but you might wanna add an inch on the core/grain

Really? My 1" (3#) rockets take off with a 1# header with only a stick attached.

Dave

nice work psyco was it benzo or sali

p.s. derekroolz you are the reason for 9 posts a whole half page i had to read and a whole half page of crap people have to read and i dont care if it says you cant in the rules

by the way very nice comical touch for spamers

Just to notify you. You are in violation of the rules by not using correct punctuation or capitilazation. :)

Ralph has already explained himself and everyone understands. He has also shown his knowledge and ability to steer people in good directions.

You on the other hand are behaving like a "SNIP" so be nice to people.

I know I'm not an official of the forum but, STOP FUCKING SPAMMING!

I am sure its bugging damn near everyone else as well.

EDIT:

Jray, are you using a stick to stabilize the rocket? A good rule of thumb is balancing the stick right behind the nozzle, thus ensuring a straight flight.

Edited by Ventsi

Ralph has already explained himself and everyone understands. He has also shown his knowledge and ability to steer people in good directions.

You on the other hand are behaving like a "SNIP" so be nice to people.

I know I'm not an official of the forum but, STOP FUCKING SPAMMING!

I am sure its bugging damn near everyone else as well.

EDIT:

Jray, are you using a stick to stabilize the rocket? A good rule of thumb is balancing the stick right behind the nozzle, thus ensuring a straight flight.

Yes I am using a stick, right now it's 3 bamboo skewers hot glued together ^_^ . To balance it right behind the nozzle I'll need to make the stick heavier. Would it be OK to just hot glue two skewers together ( parallel to each other" and then form the stick out of three of these sections to add more weight to the stick? Or should I try to just extend the stick away from the motor until it balances? Thanks In Advance!

Ohhh man...

I tried using a few bamboo skewers for a 1/2" rocket once and it burnt the skewers trough. You might want to find a better stick, longer is definately better than shorter. For such a rocket you should be looking at least 3 feet long stick, around 1/4" or 3/8" . If you're into rocketry just buy a 2x4 and cut it up using a band/table saw if you have access to one. Other wise Home depot sells square dowels at a fair price.

Ohhh man...

I tried using a few bamboo skewers for a 1/2" rocket once and it burnt the skewers trough. You might want to find a better stick, longer is definately better than shorter. For such a rocket you should be looking at least 3 feet long stick, around 1/4" or 3/8" . If you're into rocketry just buy a 2x4 and cut it up using a band/table saw if you have access to one. Other wise Home depot sells square dowels at a fair price.

Aight, thanks man, I'm going to try the 2x4 thing out tomorrow! And just out of curiosity would it be possible to fin stabilize something like this? Like just glue the fins onto the motor in a completely non-reusable fashion?

its possible but impracticable because if you dont get the fins dead on it will make it stear off coarse and standard fins prevent spinning which helps to stabilise a rocket also

Thanks for the balancing advice! It worked great! Oh and the rocket kinda pops a little ways off the ground because I used fast visco as the fire transfer to a separate smoke device thing. And yeah I know the weather isn't great but I had to test this. Anyways thanks again!

Ok this is the craziest firework show I have ever seen in my life....got to 9:27 secs into the video to see the fireworks

There not by mine ofcourse, but I wish they were!!!!

Edited by derekroolz

Ok this is the craziest firework show I have ever seen in my life....got to 9:27 secs into the video to see the fireworks

There not by mine ofcourse, but I wish they were!!!!

Well that was pretty much the most random post I've seen on the forum...Has nothing to do with rocket's..nor rocket's you made...Or even you for that matter...MOD'S? do you think ya should start a place for double extra random post? derekdroolz...I dont know about you..Personally...I think this might not be the forum you're looking for...Anyway..JrayJ...that sucker kinda liked hanging out where it was for a second..But once it left..it was outta there! You said you had a smoke header on it?

Edited by homebrewed77

In his (limited) defense, it is vaguely on topic. If you look through the thread, there are more than just rocket videos, and has kind of served as a random video thread for a while.

In his (limited) defense, it is vaguely on topic. If you look through the thread, there are more than just rocket videos, and has kind of served as a random video thread for a while.

Yeah..I do see you're point. Sorry 'bout that.