APC Forum

Please Post VIDEO'S if you got em .

h&k machineguns

Hmm... the Oz Youtube requires a login. Sorry, already have enough account logins to last the rest of my life. ;)

Upload the file to our filehost if you wish:

(LINK REMOVED)

Then paste the link it gives you, into your post.

EDIT: SORRY, FAT-FINGERED. BAD LINK. CORRECT LINK POSTED BELOW.

Edited by TheSidewinder

http://www.apcforums.net/files/ comes up as file not found?

Anyway it's very unusual that it requires that I logged out of my youtube account and clicked on the link and it took me straight there... weird? maybe if you choose your youtube site preference as Aus it will work?

Hey, that looked like fun. Did anyone get "chased"? :D

For first rockets those weren't bad. They didn't just blow up on ignition, and that's a start. Given what I saw from the flight paths, though, I think you need longer sticks on them.

Oh thanks for that... I knew it was something to do with it, just wasn't quite sure but now you've cleared it up for me, longer sticks :D

Cheers.

Oh, no one got chased, I do them in big open area's and when I don't I make sure it's been done after rain, to avoid any fire :o ;)

I did a few with headers which turned out ok, didn't film them though, I wana make a glitter tail rocket next. I just made a press so it will be interesting to see the difference, the ones in the vid are rammed.

I did a few with headers which turned out ok, didn't film them though, I wana make a glitter tail rocket next. I just made a press so it will be interesting to see the difference, the ones in the vid are rammed.

You can just add +5% of some firefly or atomized aluminum, the exact mesh isn't even critical, and it will give you a "pseudo-glitter" tail on your rocket.

Girandola over Castle Rock Lake, WI.

I fired this off at the fourth of July show we did at Castle Rock Lake in Wisconsin a couple of weeks ago. I put red to white to blue to report box stars on each driver but the Ti from the drivers ate them up. I fired it at an angle to get it over the water, there was some real dry brush the other direction, it actually started to correct itself midflight.

I fired this off at the fourth of July show we did at Castle Rock Lake in Wisconsin a couple of weeks ago. I put red to white to blue to report box stars on each driver but the Ti from the drivers ate them up. I fired it at an angle to get it over the water, there was some real dry brush the other direction, it actually started to correct itself midflight.

Very nice !

Exploding target

Put some exploding targets together a couple of weeks ago for a shooting party. This was not the video I would have chosen but it is what it is.

That Grandola was very nice. Nice and Slow but bright. I've always wanted to make one but never made a rocket :(

The girandola motors are pressed like inserts, not rockets. So it's basically just pressing the tube full with whistle, no nozzle or core.

Nice targets there, Mac! Looked like they made more smoke than the muzzleloader(?) shooting them.

Yeah, but I'm don't have whistle mix to make a whistle girandola.

Made a rocket using the first batch of pressed BP that I've made, I noticed the powder was a lot better after pressing, naturally. I put a glitter tracer on it, I think I'll make a end burner next time, I ended up with a pretty cool cato check it out!

I chucked a invisible sugar rocket on at the end of the vid, you can hear it ^_^

http://www.apcforum.net/files/rocketedit2.2.mov

Cheers!

Hard to tell what went wrong.

If you hadn't said ahead of time what it was, I would have complimented you on the nice mine. :D

But, we all learn from our results. You may need to press it harder. You *are* using a sleeve on the casing, aren't you? It's very nearly a requirement when pressing. Uniformity of grain density is important, as well. And did you press a clay bulkhead on top of the comp? That might do the trick, too.

If your comp is simply too "hot" for a core-burner, you might have great results using it in an end-burner or in a VERY short-core motor.

That second rocket sounded as though it flew pretty well, though.

Keep at it.

Hey mate, yeah.. was pressed pretty much to the max on the 6t press, had a nice solid clay head, sleeve, and I worked out as best I could the CG with the stick attached, probably the most I can do really... Other than get it right.

I think you nailed it with the mix being too hot, the core could have been a little shorter too. The second one was sugar, was really cool. Will try the end burner and will try to cool the mix with additional charcoal for another core, look out for the next cato :D ha ha...

What size was the motor, the core, the fuel type etc. etc.

Tons of reasons a rocket can CATO, I CATO'd a one pound chlorate whistle and a four pound standard whistle. Both CATO'd for different reasons. Sugar rocket sounded nice.

The motor was 20mm and weighed 140g, not including he stick. I can't tell you the grade of fuel because it's not commercial BP, it's pressed homemade, all I can say is it's very quick and burns in a flash. The BP used was straight, crushed from the puck to an even consistency, with a small glitter composition packed on top.

The core could have been too long and not wide enough, I cant give you the core diameter because the drill bits I use are unmarked, I made it almost double the sugar nozzle diameter because it's a hotter fuel. I'd guess it needs to be cooled for core burning and straight for end burn.

I'd love to make some of those girandola's you made but I have to get my straight rockets sorted first.

Cheers

;)

Wow! Would I love to see something like that in person.

Hmm... wonder what it would take to get Safety Committee approval at a PGI gathering? ;)

Wow! Would I love to see something like that in person.

Hmm... wonder what it would take to get Safety Committee approval at a PGI gathering? ;)

HAHAHA...this would be the year to do it. :)