APC Forum

M-80s?

Rellizate

I'm worried - you say you're new to the hobby, yet you seem to be embarking upon the production of Magnesium flash firecrackers. This is not good place to start. Even an experienced pyro would have to have a damn good reason to use Magnesium flash.

I suggest you forget about the M-80s, start thinking about whether you can manufacture small amounts of blackpowder in relative safety, then go from there. Slowly.

People blindly going into this hobby with the intent of manufacturing "M-80s" give us a bad name. I think you would do well to do some research, read some literature, and learn how to use Google:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M-80_(explosive)

Ok, when I said I'm new, I didn't mean I'm that new.

I've made KNO3/Sugar smoke bombs, medium large amounts of Black Powder, and Potassium Perchlorate/Aliminium FlashPowder; so I thought Mg Flash Powder would be a good place to go next.

Also, thanks for the link.

Maybe.

Haha best answer I have seen in years :D

But ozzy please think twice, lit them in a hole in the ground because the those plugs really do damage..

Don't use kitty litter (bentonite) either, it shoots out a rock them -_-

Never had a nozzle flying out a powerfull bp rocket?

My nozzle when't 20 cm into the ground (really hard soil I live on).

And it was in one piece.. That could easily have penitrated my skull -_-

Use paper plugs, they are easy to make and how well too..

I personally love everything about M-80's, But I have never seen/lit/made one and I probably never will, just not wort the risk..

Do we really need another thread on this subject? I think there's enough info out there already if you'll do a search. Enough with the M-80 talk.

Yeah, we are going to limit this this discussion to where it stands. For the record IMO, flash salutes are one of the last things that should be used in ones progression through pyro, and never in ground devices.

And ozzy, you're a fucking retard. Continuing to post shit like that is going to get you a one way ticket back to Totse.