APC Forum

3" D1 Glitter shell

Cookieman

I made another batch of D1 stars and this batch looks much better than the last one.I used the 300 mesh Atomised Al. and less water/alcohol content which I finally got the effect I was looking for. 3" inch D1 shell

I made another batch of D1 stars and this batch looks much better than the last one.I used the 300 mesh Atomised Al. and less water/alcohol content which I finally got the effect I was looking for. 3" inch D1 shell

Nice shell and nice glitter. Alot better then before I would say :D.

Edited by Xtreme Pyro

Nice shell and nice glitter. Alot better then before I would say :D .

Thanks!! learning pyrotecknics takes a long time, perfecting them,takes even longer.

• 1 month later...

It looks to me your stars shattered, It looks like a cloud of glitters instead of a wide spread bloom.

How are these stars made?

Still a nice good looking glitter.

Edited by FREAKYDUTCHMEN

It looks to me your stars shattered, It looks like a cloud of glitters instead of a wide spread bloom.

How are these stars made?

Still a nice good looking glitter.

These stars were 1/2" in size and they were cut.

It does look like the stars shattered...still a nice shell, and if that's the effect you want then good job! I'd cut down on the flash, maybe try 2g...

Also, if nothing else than to save on chems, you should start using BP burst coated on a carrier (rice crispies/ rice hulls/ vermiculite).

It does look like the stars shattered...still a nice shell, and if that's the effect you want then good job! I'd cut down on the flash, maybe try 2g...

Also, if nothing else than to save on chems, you should start using BP burst coated on a carrier (rice crispies/ rice hulls/ vermiculite).

Great, Thanks, just made a new batch of BP on rice hulls with my new star roller.Works great!!

Or you could keep the same amount of booster and just lower your layers of pasting wink2.gif

I can't do much on the pasting because then, I'll have to much space in my mortar, I'll probably cut back on the booster.Thanks!

How much clearance do you have between your shell and your mortar if you put the shell in the centre of it? For a 3'' 5mm is about the right amount. I only paste 4-5 layers on a 3''.