APC Forum

Waterfalls

Bonny

I just made a 22 foot water fall. I wanted to display it over Christmas but we had high winds in Wisconsin then so I still have a serious itch to take care of yet as a first experiment here. Anyway I rolled my own paper tubes from scrap print paper and after filling them I poked a hole with an awl through the side of each tube at the very bottom and threaded mechanics wire through the hole. After spacing them every 6" I hot glued them in place. Is the wire OK? I used a very fast fuse because I really did not want to give my my coveted homemade Quick match in that quantity!

I'm no expert, as I have yet to test my first waterfall, but as long as the machanics wire is steel it shoul dbe fine. It really only has to support the weight.Once the heat arrives, the waterfall should be almost done.

• 8 months later...

Hi there..

I have 16-60 mesh Al layin here..

How high sould I hang my waterfall?

I havn't test it yet, but it are relative big particles..

It would be cool if the trail of burning Al died out when reaching the ground.

Greetings

Hello. I thing, that Al spherical, whithish and weighty powder, is the best for waterfalls, stars and tracers. Composition with KP produce perfect white long life particles ang burning rate is not quick, like with another Al-types.

I tryed formula: 42 Al sphericall 42 KP 2charcoal 6 ribetac(red gum). In the wideo, there are not waterfall tubes, but only small long pumped stars, which fell down, because was hanged on the thin string...echm.

Bye

http://n-joy.cz/video/silver-wave/uldeysty1dvnc2p3/

• 2 months later...

Hi, i've got some waterfall comp lying here,

52 Kno3

26 Al granular

18 Al 250#

4 dextrin

15 Bp

I've added the Bp because I just pressed in to a small tube, did some prime on it (bp+10%al) and it just wouldn't catch fire..

But it still doesn't.

I thought i could add some Perch or Sulfur to it. But don;t have much S anymore, so what do you guys think?

I only have 250# AL powder and granular..

Greets!

• 5 years later...

In the experiments сreated best composition waterfalls:

KClO4 - 48

Ba(NO3)2 - 2
Al (spherical, 10 µm) - 15%

Al (60-80 mesh) - 15%
MgAl (200 mesh) - 20%

Charcoal - 1% (over 100%)

Boric acid - 1% (over 100%)
Dextrin - 8% (over 100%)

First prime (composition of green stars):