APC Forum

Star get clump when ignite

Dragon99

A few days ago I got some aluminium powder, And i made star using N1 composition.I bind it with alcohol+water and dry it, When i ignite it's look like this.

Edited by Dragon99

Gotta try it in the air.  It'll likely burn better from the additional oxygen and air movement will likely help shed some of that shell left over from the burn.  Parlon color stars often do the same thing when bound with acetone.

Even a star gun will give a better idea of what it will look like, If you can't build and launch a small test shell.

Edit:  maybe don't flick burning star cinders off your balcony onto cars or people....

Edited by cmjlab
  • Haha 1

What kind of aluminium powder?

It looks like the Al is too coarse or the star is not fully dry yet. 

Hey crazy Swede! Long time since chlorate topics have we see you on the forum. Damp stars /driven in can show those qualities. Binder and drying are very important. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/30/2024 at 12:41 AM, Crazy Swede said:

What kind of aluminium powder?

It looks like the Al is too coarse or the star is not fully dry yet. 

Idk but thing that i know is my aluminium was dark.

On 10/6/2024 at 1:21 AM, pyrojig said:

Hey crazy Swede! Long time since chlorate topics have we see you on the forum. Damp stars /driven in can show those qualities. Binder and drying are very important. 

I think you're confusing with Swede. Unfortunately, he hasn't been back in over 10yrs.