APC Forum

Pressed powder in the firecracker or let it in normally and knock?

Padxy88

My question is, which method is better and bangs more? If you press the powder in with a suitable object or if you leave it in normally, in addition I always knock it down so that you can put a little more in

does anyone have any experience?

Every flash even if it is loosely filled or in compact form burns extremely fast (detonate).

4 hours ago, Padxy88 said:

My question is, which method is better and bangs more? If you press the powder in with a suitable object or if you leave it in normally, in addition I always knock it down so that you can put a little more in

does anyone have any experience?

If we want the composition in the product to burn fast way uncontrolled way like explode, just put it loosely into the product. If we want a slow controlled burn must rammed or pressed the composition. What you are thinking of is an unprofessional technique that leads to the abnormal operation of the product.

The powder must not compressed it should be of uniform density. The burning rate should be uniform of the powder. Before filled in the tube must be shifted the powder in a sieve. If the same powders made from different production, they must be mixed because their burning speed is different. The composition must be product specific. The metal powder has to be of the right fineness (Micron, Mesh) otherwise it won't work and coated if required. The wall of the paper should be strong, thick and even with deep end plugs. The oxidizer must be completely dry, moisture-free, if it is not sensitive it must be heated before grinded to a fine powder. The ingredients (oxidizer, relative catalyst like sulfur) must be extremely fine before mixed. When it is mixed, it must be safely mixed homogeneous. After sifting, it is simply loosely filled into the tube, here must be avoid any compression. If at any point it thickens, compacts or presses, it reduces the power of the product and leads to abnormal operation. These products have a complicated production process that takes a lot of time to learn at a high level.

Edited by mx5kevin