APC Forum

Was i dumb?

Newbie13

I was very new few years ago about flash powders.I watched a lot of videos in YouTube and was amazed by it.I have done 3 succesfulls flash powder firecrackers.my first one was 200grams KNO3/S/al.second: 250 grams.third one:300 grams.All 3 was from same components(KNO3/al/S).i cant remember ratios but all ratios was pretty similar with a little differences.but IF i had balls to do it again i would choose 5/3/2(KNO3/al/S).i mixed in coffee grinder KNO3 with sulfur many times.Later i poured it in plastic bigger lunchbox(or just plastic box for food) and mixed with aliuminium powder(like silver colour dust).yeah i used plastic spoon for mix it.later closed plastic box top and shaked for even better mixing.just poured all finished powder in tougher glass jar(nearly like regular jar but bigger, i dont remember capacity).i took jar metal top and screw hole in the top centre for fuse(fuse was Christmas sparkler).it was ready.i used all times on new years night.exploded very loud and yellow bright.i was so amazed, it was good feeling in my hearth.i used carefully when no people around.forgot to mention explosion was so loud and bright even i dont compress flashpowder at all.it was totally lose flash powder with 0 compression in just glass jar :).but later i saw a lot of comments about safety i guess i had some serious risk.Now i dont have balls to do it even if want because here a lot peoples comments in other Topic about flash and newbies scared Me:( plus i like endurance sport so much i dont want lose my body parts.i had videos in older phones but sorry cant find that now.i thought it was very safe because i tested small quantities powder with hammer hit in metal(nothing happened)when i tried it with homemade tatp(other explosive which i made with 3 chemicals) it was instantly loud boom when hammer reached white powder on metal oven.and i tested my flash powder small quantity touch with burning matches.i touched powder and waited like 2-3 sec.and only after that it burned(burned not really fast).when i saw even fire need ignite few seconds i thought man its pretty safe.thats why i wasnt scared static.Thats my story.

You keep flash in glass jar and use this jar as a casing is really horrible to here, when it explodes lots of glass fragment with sharp edges travells at pretty high speed all over may hurt yourself or other people, animals around and injure them or serious threat. Loosely filled flash powder can also burn pretty fast and creates same conditions as if it is confined.

Stay carefull and use paper or cardboard casing.

Read about firecracker session.

• Thanks 1

You made a grenade, and here in the US you’d go to jail for a long time as a terrorist.

Wise up. And grow up. Before you hurt yourself or someone else.

Yes, you was extremely dumb. And how come you think flashpowder need compression? Flash Powder needs to be free flowing Powder

• Sad 1