APC Forum

Rockets formulas

snowbigman

I want to know how to make rockets and what's the best mixture to add. What to mix with what and what tubes to use. Also do I need to press it? How does all this work? 

Thanks!

18 minutes ago, snowbigman said:

So many topics and discussions plz Search u find lots of things about urs question. 

Tx

Read some hard copy books first! Lancaster would be a good start.  Fuels can include BP, Variant BP, whistle mix. Tubes will be selected for a particular tooling set

3 hours ago, snowbigman said:

I want to know how to make rockets and what's the best mixture to add. What to mix with what and what tubes to use. Also do I need to press it? How does all this work? 

Thanks!

You must start studying with black powder rockets then try to attempt.

I agree with what Arthur has said, read book or articles first.

Rockets can be of different varieties according to types,thrust, fuels payload and so on.....

Core burner or end burner, with payload(small bang or small colour shell or parachut or single star at end to indicate it has reached its Apogee) or without payload, BP rocket or sugar rocket or colour rocket or whistle rocket or strobe rocket, small,medium or big (acoording to composition weight)

Find your interest and read about it lot then attempt it with small types first.

14 hours ago, Zumber said:

Core burner or end burner, with payload(small bang or small colour shell or parachut or single star at end to indicate it has reached its Apogee) or without payload, BP rocket or sugar rocket

So you saying rocket can be lifted just by kno3-sugar mixture in a certain tube?

Yes it can be.

Have you read posts articles here?

Try to read a lot before you work.

The pyro books do not give excellent step by step instructions for newbies, they are overviews. The best single resource I know of is to go to YouTube and enter 'making black powder rockets'. Ned Gorski has a few videos, and so does Woodysrocks (Caleb). There are many more, but these two guys are known to be reliable in their instructions. Wading through a sea of information is overwhelming for a newbie. At least it was for me.

• Like 1