APC Forum

Fuses

kwstag

Rolling contributes absolutely nothing to the final product. It is simply for convenience. It is the kneeding of the BP slurry that does the good stuff. You can toss the string in the slurry in a big pile, and it will come out the same, just a lot harder to untangle.

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mumbles

• mormanman

• psyco_1322

• Pretty green flame

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Damn!

I thought i was the only one who thought of shrinktubing to be used in fusing, i get it for cheap because i work in a electronics shop :lol:

At first i didn't put blackmatch it, i simply filled my good ole' syringe up and sqirted my bp paste into the tubing and let it dry, it works ok actually, although i think a slightly faster burning composition would aid in it a bit. Putting blackmatch in helped it a lot, it burnt consistantly and well.

The good thing about squirting Bp paste in is that you can finally get those super thin fuses for your smaller devices :).

And you can colour code your fuse which is an added bonus.

Wouldn't that take a really long time to dry?

A long time to dry plus the ugly plastic flame from it burning and the smoke and the molten plastic drippings. Gee that could cause all kinds of troubles.

You can just ram it in and it only takes a few minutes.

I will test how waterproof it is when i next make some. but for now I have some 1.2mm Visco on the way.

Interesting, could you do a video of it in the day time? Bit hard to see whats going on

Oh, Other bands play, Manowar kills :D

Ok, I added a second "brighter" clip. I edit my previous post, check its link again.

And true metal people, that's Manowar's crowd B)

That fuse looks like it's pretty slow. Why not just make BP fuse? It's really easy to make... The internet is full of tutorials.

"on a crusade the world we bring, four kings of metal, four metal kings" :D

Not everyone is able to do so in their respective countries. I have all the respect in the world for people who make their own visco machines.

Not everyone is able to do so in their respective countries. I have all the respect in the world for people who make their own visco machines.

yeah here in the states we are lucky to have fuse so available. but ruhmor is the damn cpsc or atf or whoever is trying to limit the ammount of fuse a person can buy to 25 feet per year.

i've been stocking up on different speeds ever since the ruhmor started (like 2 years ago) and now i've got more fuse than i know what to do with.

many here who have easy access to the fuse take it for granted. i saw a tutorial on pyro universe once posted by a kid who made a visco machine out of K`NEX. it was AMAZING. a big tall multi color tower with a handle to turn and even a spool to bundle it all up when it was complete.

the only thing it needed was a way to coat it in NC to make it waterproof, but everyone was worried about a reaction between the k`nex plastic and the acetone.

if i can find the pictures i'll post them, but it'll take some digging.

• 1 month later...
These fuses i have tried and used in artilery shells, cakes, salutes, cannons,ect i will post a few i have bought from cannonfuse.com they sell tubes, plugs, shells, fuse, cannons, i will put a link http://www.cannonfuse.com/store/pc/viewCat...sp?idCategory=2 this is a link to fuse copy and paste it i is also pretty cheap i will put some of the best i have use this one is amazing in aertilery shells Fast Burning Yellow Vis-Quick burns at 4 sec. a foot this one in salutes Chinese Visco Cannon Fuse, 1.8mm the stobe fuse is good for salutes also cause you only have to use a little over an inch i have tried all fuses but Flying Fish Fuse Rope Fuse Custom Length PRE-CUT Fuse i you have any ? about fuse e-mail me at bombboy218@yahoo.com

• 2 weeks later...
Hey do any of you know how good kno3 and sugar will work (heated of course) for a fuse when spread over a rope or string? How good is it to withstand weather ie. rain, snow, wind, etc. Let me know guys, thanks, need a good fuse, and no place will ship to canada, SOB's, lol. Thanks in advance.

Well, in my experiance, it is not good against weather. But why don't you just make some blackmatch? This is the fuse iuse for EVRYTHING in pyro and honestly it has never failed me, visco has failes more times than my BM... I can put tape around it, fold it and tie string as hard as I can around the fuse and it will not stop burning.

The original Bickford fuse was intended for use in mines and quarrying. It was a powder core with threads covering it then layers of tar covered paper and thread covering that. Is it possible to take visco (powder inside threads) and overwrap it with tar covered paper tp waterproof it and keep the sparks IN so that fire passes down the core but not outside.

Just a layer or two of aluminum foil and some paper over visco make a fine timefuse. Anyway, black match in my eyes is to unreliable to be used in many situations. It can jump pretty easily, and lights anywhere on the fuse as opposed to just the end like visco.

Does anybody know of any good websites that are possibly directed for shipping to canada IE. companies that are actually in canada, having trouble getting a hold of some stuff that I want to try out. Let me know guys, thanks.

Does anybody know of any good websites that are possibly directed for shipping to canada IE. companies that are actually in canada, having trouble getting a hold of some stuff that I want to try out. Let me know guys, thanks.

You could send an email to pyrotech@shaw.ca and ask for information about ordering chemicals. No idea if they are still in business, pricing, or availability.

I'll give them a shout, thanks. Let me know if you think of anything else, or if someone wants to make me fuse and sell it to me, haha.

Hey do any of you know how good kno3 and sugar will work (heated of course) for a fuse when spread over a rope or string? How good is it to withstand weather ie. rain, snow, wind, etc. Let me know guys, thanks, need a good fuse, and no place will ship to canada, SOB's, lol. Thanks in advance.

Take a really good look around...there are places that will ship fuse to Canada.

If you already have KNO3, you're most of the way there. That is the hardest item to find in Canada...(sulfur and charcoal are easy) for making BP-->blackmatch-->quickmatch. For waterproof it gets more complicated, but visco is easiest/best.

• 4 weeks later...

Hallo. I need youre help. How to make a twisted paper pasted with black powder in Lancaster book? I haven´t this book. Is it paper with BP slurry?

Can you look anybody to this book, and post reply here? I need this for shell inserts.

Karlos.

• 2 months later...

I make super reliable and super thin fuse (1/32") and it burns through anything, wrap it in tape, allfoil, anything. I have even used it in mini arial shells (1/2")

I use match heads (i know dont give me the lecture, i dont have any KNO3) but im sure you can use black powder. I simply mix it with some water to make a consistency of paint and get some 3/4" strips of that really thin glossy/see through paper I think its similar to grease paper or something. I normally cut a 15" long strip, paint the entire thing with two thin coats and twist it up then hang it to dry.

I will make a video if anyone is interested.

I have an idea for an improvised fuse that will burn quite slow but I don't know how I should have the ratios.

It would be something similar to putting bp slurry into an Al foil wrap but just burn really slow. Any ideas for a comp? And sulfur or charcoal, something?

Btw, I need it for aerial shells.