APC Forum

Fuses

kwstag

I remember sometime a go someone has posted compositions of commercial visco (maybe Mumbles on the old forum but it's offline now).

Anyone has them?

Regards

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mumbles

• mormanman

• psyco_1322

• Pretty green flame

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I recently ordered some blue falling leaves fuse from Skylighter. It seems that every time I try to fire it out of a tube or out of the end of a rocket, the bp just fires it out without lighting it. Does this fuse need priming or am I just doing something wrong?

Yes, I believe it does.

First, make your cuts in the fuse at a 45 degree angle to expose more of the core.

Then dip just the cut tip in NC lacquer, and coat with 4fG or other powder with nice, sharp edges.

It worked great for me with flying fish fuse.

I actually tried Ralph's Pyro butter and pressed it into a 3/8" like i would make a normal portfire.

It burned with a large flame {purple-ish}.

And INCREDIBLY slow!

I would recomend this for Portfires or torches,not especially bright or hot but a little Al should do the trick

I might do Ralph a favor and upload a video.

Hay mate do you think you could put up a video? I wouldnt mind watching it, lol I want a good portfire to lit my shows, and how long can you store it?

Hay mate do you think you could put up a video? I wouldnt mind watching it, lol I want a good portfire to lit my shows, and how long can you store it?

I suppose you could , personally I wouldn’t recommend it , I was able to put the flame out by striking the *port fire *

against the ground.

I would personally recommend this white composition out of experience, hotter flame , less dross more consistent flame , larger flame envelope. Sure it burns faster but when i put 2" of it on top of a fountain I got a "BOOORING!' out of my friends,

2 inches burnt for ~ 50 seconds.

http://www.apcforum.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=3360

I would wet it using plain Alcohol to help consolidate in the tube

PM me for details ;)

Edited by Ventsi

Hmm thanks mate, that is a really easy white just for those chems :) I'm gonna have to try it, and 2" = 50sec, that is a very good amount of time, and I hate dross so this may be for me :D

Here is a video of it, if your to lazy to click the one above and search for it :rolleyes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rj7r_BpkcsQ...feature=channel

That video looks oddly familiar :P .

Ill do a side by side comparion of the two but not tonight, i have to go to church and then sleep

That video looks oddly familiar :P .

Ill do a side by side comparion of the two but not tonight, i have to go to church and then sleep

haha yeah I put the video in so that others could see it from here rather than having to go into the thread and find it (altho it wasnt that hard)

ok I'll be waiting for the side by side video,

cya mate

'Ere ya go matey.

You can see that I easily light the second fuse using the KNO3 White mix.

Edited by Ventsi

Ha, I was just waiching that video, thanks for putting it up mate. Your comp looks very nice, I'm going to have to try, thanks

hi any one who decide my composition was crap from the video should check the video response to it it is me showing a small tube of it performing well and yes i to decide a while ago to add aluminium i plan on posting a video of that soon

hi any one who decide my composition was crap from the video should check the video response to it it is me showing a small tube of it performing well and yes i to decide a while ago to add aluminium i plan on posting a video of that soon

Ralph, I'm sorry.Iwasn't trying to offend you and i did not say your comp. was crap,the results I got were crap.

Having no composition by weight I just kept adding fine KNO3 until... well it was crumbly.

Im guessing the Al greatly improved the burnrate and the smoothness of it.

If you could please give us the composition by parts[weight].

I still like the mix i was using since its simple and its listed as a "White Fire' formulae.

Edited by Ventsi

no offence was ever taken i am happpy that some one tried my formuall rater than just laughing i will when ihave time (really busy with my final year of school) do a side by side comparison with no al and with al i am working on acurate weights but dont have perferct weights just yet but will post them as soon as posible