APC Forum

star roller

bigbuck

the coupon looks like it is for the cement mixer, the stealth add on was made by shawn ashburg, totally different deal. (probably spelled his name wrong) it is home built. I got mine finished today. it is nice and quiet.

memo

Right' but I don't want to buy a mixer that the MC numbers in the article don't fit! I'm no machinist or mechanic and would never be able to source parts for a roller not matching the one in the article.A man's got to know his limitations.

the coupon looks like it is for the cement mixer, the stealth add on was made by shawn ashburg, totally different deal. (probably spelled his name wrong) it is home built. I got mine finished today. it is nice and quiet.

memo

Shawn Ashbaugh. Just giving credit where it's due. He makes wonderful shells too.

Wait! Am I buying the right item to modify? I realize the mods are add-ons but I want to make sure I'm buying the right thing to begin with!

pat, I looked up the cement mixers in the catalog here. the red one is 1.2 cubic feet the orange one is bigger. I talked to caleb hes has the big orange and said that he need to make the parts himself. the part for the small one would not fit the orange one.the coupon you have is for the small one. good luck and have fun. I just went back and reread your coupon it says it is for 1.25 cubic foot. that is the one you want.

memo

Edited by memo

Needless safety note:

My suggestion, at a minimum, change out the motor to a TEFC motor to reduce the chance of a spark igniting the comp. Wear clothing that can handle flames from the comp igniting and don't do this inside any kind of building, make sure you have a cross wind that does NOT pull the dust back to the motor.

Patrick,

A club member has both sized mixers and both of them have been modified. (Red, Orange)

Just a matter of taking several measurements on the mixer you get and ordering several parts.

Basically wrenching a few parts off and replacing with several new ones.

McMaster & WWGrainger both have websites or just call the customer service line and let them look up the parts for you.

I find it easier having the printed catalog to quickly find what I am looking for.

McMaster has a good website, WWGrainger website is a little less user friendly, takes a while to drill down to the item you want.

I like to look through the catalog once a year page by page, it reminds me of all of the "Pyro" related parts and pieces they have

when you are building a new project knowing all of the solutions for a project is valuable.

I also plan a lot of different projects at work so it helps me know where to find mechanical, electrical, structural, and maintenance parts.

Finding the right parts is half the battle in any project.

Mikeee, I buy from Grainger weekly and agree on the catalog (I have one in the throne room) and have bought most of my screens and ballmill replacement parts from MC. I love MC's fast shipping and catalog/site accuracy better than Grainger as Grainger will sometimes throw a substitute product in an order without letting you know rather than back ordering it.

I'm ordering the parts for my new mill from MC a bit at a time using Ned's list in the FW article.

Mikeee, I buy from Grainger weekly and agree on the catalog (I have one in the throne room) and have bought most of my screens and ballmill replacement parts from MC. I love MC's fast shipping and catalog/site accuracy better than Grainger as Grainger will sometimes throw a substitute product in an order without letting you know rather than back ordering it.

I'm ordering the parts for my new mill from MC a bit at a time using Ned's list in the FW article.

McMaster really does perform a superior service compared to the other ones. I have had WWGrainger send my order to someone else half way across the country and I get a confirmation of the delivery. It is nice they email confirmation of my order being delivered, just not to my address, city, or state. ????