APC Forum

Experimental 0.9" shell

Maxim

Sorry... I was wasting time sleeping!

I mistook the paper disk for a plaster or white clay plug, and thought that the 'final' plugging was just glue over that.

Lloyd

It`s surprising how little confinement you can get away with - this 16mm bombette unit has 1/2" of loose clay above the disc then a very crumbly 1/8" of some sort of plaster that barely holds together, but they work!

The units in action....
Edited by Mixer

If i click the picture i get a unexpected "You do not have permission to view this image"

B!

That message can happen if you click on a pic without being logged in.

Edited by Mixer

Still getting it, and i'm quite sure i'm logged in. I haven't been logged "out" for months.

Might be a Firefox thing.

B!

Edit

Nope. Internet Explorer does it to.

And for reference, i'm talking about the picture, not the video clip.

/Edit

Edited by MrB

The picture of the disassembled bombette. I can zoom in on the thumbnail but can't open the picture.

Well that`s odd - I see a decent sized picture on my screen, it`s not a thumbnail.

Edited by Mixer

Well that`s odd - I see a decent sized picture on my screen, it`s not a thumbnail.

it's 240x180 pixels here. Definitely a thumbnail. There is some witchcraft going on here.

B!

I can see it larger but if I click on it I'm told I don't have permission to view. Strange.

I actually get the same error, using Chrome. I probably wouldn't worry until it starts happening with everything, it's probably just a peculiar glitch.

I have no explanation for you guys. I would start by disabling any ad-blockers, popup blockers, or element blockers and see if that makes any difference. We don't have any ads on this forum, and there shouldn't be any malicious scripts or elements either. You'll be safe for a few minutes.

Chrome has a bug that prevents certain popups from working, though I'm only familiar with that for select e-mail services. I just checked using chrome, and even with an ad-blocker on I have no issues. The fact that it says you don't have permission seems like a forum glitch though.

So have you had any issues with the visco passing fire after having been immersed in glue for however long it takes to dry? I've never tried something like that but it does look like something worth investigating. I assume you're using visco with the good NC coating for water resistance.

On Android I can pinch/zoom so it wasn't a biggie but it's still strange.

Sure do, Mumbles.

R757RN14q6E.jpg

MondoMage, yes, I am using 2 mm NC coated visco. It takes 2 weeks for the glue to dry up.

I wont disrupt this thread anymore with this issue. I will look into it. I'm having the same issue with the test account.