APC Forum

two-gram explosive to shatter 70lb of concrete

lloyd

The "Icarus" comment was not directed at anyone in particular - just observation.

Huh?

Hmmm... The name Icarus paints some vivid pictures in my mind of someone's "challenging the Gods" (or forces of nature), having too much pride in their position, and losing something valuable in the attempt. I guess we ALL could be found guilty of that, time and again!

But then, your handle always makes me want to re-write it to "Styx". (just because I read a lot!)

Lloyd

Huh?

Hmmm... The name Icarus paints some vivid pictures in my mind of someone's "challenging the Gods" (or forces of nature), having too much pride in their position, and losing something valuable in the attempt. I guess we ALL could be found guilty of that, time and again!

But then, your handle always makes me want to re-write it to "Styx". (just because I read a lot!)

Lloyd

"I guess we ALL could be found guilty of that, time and again!" - that's very true Lloyd, very true.

I'm not sure what you mean by the "Styx" reference - the Band?

No, the god and river of the same name. Styx 'bounded' the center circle of hell, keeping in what needed to stay, and keeping out what didn't.

<G>

Lloyd

"Styx bounded the circle of hell"

Oh shit! - well that's a point of relevance I was unaware of - but perhaps appropriate. So now that we know my purpose - what's yours?

You know guys, it's shit like this that previously dragged Passfire down. Let it go.