APC Forum

"Spider" Stars - burning too quick?

stix

Well I was more thinking of harvesting the waste from the timber converter before the planks are used. Tree to plank usually wastes 30% which would satisfy a small country for pyro charcoal.

Obviuosly you aren't making enough bp ^^

• Like 2

Well I was more thinking of harvesting the waste from the timber converter before the planks are used. Tree to plank usually wastes 30% which would satisfy a small country for pyro charcoal.

Oh, I see... I better put the shovel back in the shed then :)

Using paulownia from canvas frames certainly isn't the most economical - I worked out that it costs me approx. $US20 per Kilo uncooked. After cooking, it yields around 1/3rd, so that ends up being $US60 per kilo of cooked charcoal.!!!... Very expensive.

I started using them simply for testing purposes and I'm very happy with the bp it produces. I'm only doing "small scale" so it doesn't really bother me. There is actually a paulownia supplier ( http://www.paulowniatimber.com.au/timber.php) about 50K's from where I live - I should get off my arse and check them out one time - I'm sure there would be plenty of off-cuts.

Cheers.