APC Forum

Fuse Powder?

zakmaster524

Yep... Flash powder, remember to be careful with that stuff... The best recipe for it is:

Potassium nitrate : 60

Charcoal: 30

Sulfur: 10

Mix well and flash away. K3WL!

;)

This is a great way too wink wink make wink flash powder wink wink wink...

• Like 1

Zak, not sure how old you are, but I was once your age. :) I did plenty of experimenting cutting firecrackers open and making bigger ones, etc. Cutting visco fuse to extract the powder is a waste of time. You will cut fuse for hours and only have 1 firecracker that will be sub-par at best. Why not hit the firework stand and buy some of those "Little Dynomite" crackers? They are great. Nice loud report and waterproof visco to boot! Good stuff. If you want to move up to bigger stuff, hang out here and read/learn. Pyro is an art.. it's complicated, and takes a lot of patience and responsibility. Read, research, and ask questions. Be patient and if you truly want to get into pyro, do it slowly and use your head. This is one of those hobbies that can get you hurt if you don't know exactly what you are doing, just like firearms. Steer clear of said "Flash Powder".. you don't want anything to do with it. It's NOT the way to make a firecracker. Learn the art of pyro and get to know the guys on this forum. Show that you are responsible and willing to learn.. and you will go far. Get in a hurry and try to make firecrackers, and they will boot you from the forum in short order. Nobody wants to be responsible for giving you advice that could get you hurt. :)

• Like 3

.... Sorry if these foolish question bother you.... I am a newbie actually :) And I don't have enough time.... I have to finalize the project Tomorrow

Nah, foolish questions don't bother me - better to ask than not :). I'm more concerned with whether what you are wanting to achieve is researched enough and safe.

Zak, not sure how old you are, but I was once your age. :) I did plenty of experimenting cutting firecrackers open and making bigger ones, etc. Cutting visco fuse to extract the powder is a waste of time. You will cut fuse for hours and only have 1 firecracker that will be sub-par at best. Why not hit the firework stand and buy some of those "Little Dynomite" crackers? They are great. Nice loud report and waterproof visco to boot! Good stuff. If you want to move up to bigger stuff, hang out here and read/learn. Pyro is an art.. it's complicated, and takes a lot of patience and responsibility. Read, research, and ask questions. Be patient and if you truly want to get into pyro, do it slowly and use your head. This is one of those hobbies that can get you hurt if you don't know exactly what you are doing, just like firearms. Steer clear of said "Flash Powder".. you don't want anything to do with it. It's NOT the way to make a firecracker. Learn the art of pyro and get to know the guys on this forum. Show that you are responsible and willing to learn.. and you will go far. Get in a hurry and try to make firecrackers, and they will boot you from the forum in short order. Nobody wants to be responsible for giving you advice that could get you hurt. :)

+1

Edited by stix

great, thanks for the advice! Sorry to keep asking things, but any good websites i could order those crackers from?

great, thanks for the advice! Sorry to keep asking things, but any good websites i could order those crackers from?

Sure you could order those, but seeing your location i'm fairly certain mail order is illegal in your area. Just take a drive down to Pahrump or Moapa.. As they are only about an hour from you if you're in LV. There are a few fireworks shops in Pahrump, just need to have them out of NYE county within 24 hours after purchase.

Great Advice! +1

Edited by Xtreme Pyro
  • Like 1

thank you for the help. ill consider taking a trip down there