APC Forum

Aerial Shells

Chris

Try it out and let us know.
will do, just as soon as my Saran gets here. is there any way to clean the coating off Hawk Mountains al? thanks.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mumbles

• psyco_1322

• Pretty green flame

• qwezxc12

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think he was joking, but if you got a lb. of flash in a 4"... yes... it would pretty much shatter anything.

i realize it wasn't a pound of flash however it was very bright and assuming flash was used to make it that bright i would think that would be enough flash to shatter the stars.

I think he was joking, but if you got a lb. of flash in a 4"... yes... it would pretty much shatter anything.

Yeah it was an exageration but that was a hell of a flash, red too but it may have been the light from the stars doing that.

btw Caramanos2000 your link doesnt work

Ya but them stars came out fast! And didnt last to long. It was a good looking shell. Maybe a waist but good looking.

Goddammit, my rising commets and other rising shit never NEVER stays on my shells :(

Any tips please? I hate always seeing my risings detach :(

When I glue crap on my shells, I pump a glob onto the comet and then mash it around with the tip of the glue gun, to work the glue in and help pull away the dust to get a secure hold. You might try that.

That star mix burns slow, and it dont look that blue.

I always find that blue are hard to get lit. They most always need priming. With a few exceptions.

Anyways found that 3/4" tubes from pyrocreations cut in half make excellent canister shells for 1" HDPE after being spiked. Just fired one with my first Firefly stars and it was amazing. Cant wait for the 4th! rolleyes.gif

The quest for blue goes on...

It does, camera sucks doesn't pick up any color.

Which Blue formula is it? I've made Shimizu's #1, #2, and #70 so far and haven't been wild about any of them. All the blues I've made based on K-Perc as an oxidizer have been bright, washed out, and relatively un-saturated. Might be a function of the quality of my Perc, though.

Here's a picture of a test of #1 blue stars:

http://www.apcforum.net/files/ShimizuBlueNo1mine.jpg

They don;t look too bad from a small mine, but in a shell way up high, they looked more white than blue.

The absolute best "cop light" blue that I've ever seen comes from a copper benzoate and AP formula. Bind with nitrocellulose solution for best results.

AP - 82

CuBz -18

Well not shure, its the formula from pyroguide. Should i try one using CuO instead of Copper Carbonate?

I've gotten a good perc blue that was more on the violet side than the red side. It used dechlorane. If anyone has any (besides me), and wants the formula let me know. It's also in the skylighter archives if you're that impatient.

Other than that, the best ones I've gotten were chlorate based. I do have a few more formulas to try out though, one being the benzoate one. I heard it was more teal than pure blue. Perhaps in needs a bit more chlorine donor.

I have no chlorate. I used PVC isntead of Parlon and kept the same ratio so possibly need more. I do have some Sodium benzoate. Gonna try some Red tomorow. I used some red gum, Mg and Bp with acetone to prime the blue stars. Now they burn with all different colors for some reason, like green blue and purple. Gonna get it on tape in the air. Anyways unrelated but would like to know what I made. I took CuO, Vinegar and salt and after a day it turned green, is this Copper Sulphide?

You really know nothing about chemistry, do you? There is no sulfur at all(hopefully) in vinegar or table salt. You most likely have copper acetate, perhaps with a little bit of chloride ligands. Copper acetate is kind of a dark green, with a tint of blue, very pretty actually.

I think is the part were I misserably try to sound smart and defend myself but nah, I will just post this horribly non productive sentence instead. I had read something like that about something I think I confused several articles.

im new here :D and this may sound off topic but did anyone have any 4th of July displays with shells and mortar racks, romans, cakes, videos, im having one 4 new years and i want it to be big and i need to know how to do it right, unlike last year :rolleyes: one of the shells failed and burn the neighbors lawn, they don't know know about it yet :ph34r: ... ;)