APC Forum

Aerial Shells

Chris

Don't start talking about me when i am not around i have taken the comments and have read them and taken the advice but talk about "it" but not about me in genral.please.I do not feel this should go any futher now we have all made our points and it looks like we are just wrecking the aerial shells thread. Now i have done tests and we found out the correct amount of lift we need so it does not matter.

What the hell are you talking about? I am not talking while you're not around. It's not like you are incapable of reading, or at least not as long as research is not involved. I hate to break it to you, but you opinion does not mean shit to me. As long as you keep being a lazy, unsearching person, I will continue to talk and think negativly about you. If you don't want me to talk negativly about you, you are welcome to either stop being a complete dumbass, or leave.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mumbles

• psyco_1322

• Pretty green flame

• qwezxc12

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hopefully no body got hurt.

Nope. He got lucky.I wouldn't know what went wrong, maybe he had a shitty fuse that burned too fast.. Coulda got the fastburning mixed with another type maybe..

:) just made my first ever aerial shell. Its a 2" 63.5g canister shell with Golden TT stars. Hopefully I will be able to set it off soon.

Picture

Ugly looking shells there.... ;)

but if you made it right it wont make any problems.

What did you put for timing fuse?

Its a "Millions shakers" tube, with several layers of kraft, some spiking, then another few layers of kraft.

Like the shell millhouse, liked the sound of cop cars going just after you set it off as well lol.

Spoony how big is your mortar cause u said u wrapped lots of craft round.

My mortar is 2". The casing started off at about 1 3/4", and its just under 2" now. Im not quickmatching it, so I didnt leave too big of a space around the shell.

Pretty nice shell Millhouse. Nice height, and good break. How much lift did you put in there? It sounds like alot!

Surprisingly little - 30gr of corned BP . Shell wasnt very tight in mortar,but my mortar is really long,maybe thats why it flew so high.

Nice shell. You should put the star formula up in the compositions section. Its looks nice.

i just made and set off a 3 inch aerial salute, it had 90 grams of flash with 25 grams ffg pyrodex for lift. i used 3 inch plastic hemis for the casing. it went about 200-250 ft high. it worked perfectly, looked pro.

i just made and set off a 3 inch aerial salute, it had 90 grams of flash with 25 grams ffg pyrodex for lift. i used 3 inch plastic hemis for the casing. it went about 200-250 ft high. it worked perfectly, looked pro.

You need to move on from aerial salutes, i enjoy a nice bang but it is more enjoyable to see a nice star spread after the bang.

You really do like those don't you? Do you use titanium in them, or just the flash? Are you filling one hemi, then closing the shell? Or some different way?

I find my 3" plastic shells fit really loose in the mortar, it that why you used all that lift?

no i havent used titanium yet. just 70/30 flash. this was the first time i filled both hemis,usually just half, 40 or 50 grams flash. this time 90 grams and i snapped the two halves together. the total weight of the shell, fuse and all was 156 grams. they do fit kinda loose, but pro shells do too sometimes, and sometimes you have to ram them down the mortars, i dont like that part. 25 grams lift seemed ok, worked for this shell. also, i make the shells i like PGF.

How do the pro's arange the titanium so that it just forms a sphere around the blast? Do they just mix it into the flash or something?

Usually the sphere itself is coated on the inside with Ti, then there is also Ti in the flash itself to kind of fill in.

Is there something used to stick the Ti to the inner walls of the shells? Because I remember a video of the PGI event or something where there was a guy who makes these huge aerial salutes and those can walls were lined with Ti and they seemed to have been stuck on there with something.

Why yes, spray adhesive. You spray the walls and put in the Ti, then shake it to distribute it evenly.

Joker5: How did you join them? Paper holding the contents?

Is there something used to stick the Ti to the inner walls of the shells? Because I remember a video of the PGI event or something where there was a guy who makes these huge aerial salutes and those can walls were lined with Ti and they seemed to have been stuck on there with something.

For the can shells, spray adhesive can be used to coat the walls with Ti. In ball shells, I use 'gorilla glue' wiped on the inside of the hemi's in a thin coat, then sprinkle Ti on them, and shake off the excess.

Is it titanium flake or sponge that you guys are talking about? I know skylighter won't ship sponge.

I use flake. I got it from firefox, it is -10 +20 mesh flake Ti.

From firefox: Titanium alloy - hammer milled flake, -10+20 mesh, 90-6-4 (Ti-Vn-Al)

Good day everyone

I've been wanting to make a multi break canister shell for some time now but haven't really gotten around to doing it and besides i really don't know how i would approach this. Can anyone give me a few tips on how multi breaks are made.

Thanks