APC Forum

Aerial Shells

Chris

Yeah it got washed out by the video.

In person it was bright green as it should be. ^_^

Did you boost that shell? It broke like an egg shape, but the stars were beautiful. What was the gold comp?

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mumbles

• psyco_1322

• Pretty green flame

• qwezxc12

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Did you boost that shell? It broke like an egg shape, but the stars were beautiful. What was the gold comp?

Yes the shell was boosted with some hotflash.

The stars were C8 to emerald green.

I really liked the stars as well, im rolling some C8 on green and red cores for a mix shell for newyears eve.

Grtz

Getting ready for NYE, still have loads of stars left so i'll probably make some mines in adition to the shells. This is going to be a fun new year :D

http://www.pyrobin.com/files/kanistri.jpg

http://www.pyrobin.com/files/vsi%20shelli.jpg

Pgf

Looking good pretty green flames :)

I have something similar in mind for new years eve.

Those 4 inch plastic cylindercasings where did you get them from, pyrostuff?

Looking good pretty green flames :)

I have something similar in mind for new years eve.

Those 4 inch plastic cylindercasings where did you get them from, pyrostuff?

They are 3", I got them from here.

http://pyrostuff.tok-tok.com/

I've packed them with quite a bit of flash for a good break, hopefully the stars will survive and give a massive break ^_^

Ok so forgive my noobishness here... I've seen a couple recipes for flash powder, what yields the best results in aerial shells? I've gotten pretty good with little shells that I've built but I feel like I'm ready to graduate up to some big boy stuff. I wanna make sure I can do it right and get the best results as early as I can in my fire working. Also any suggestions on cheap and easy stars would be great. I've made some killer firefly stars which I really dig. But I also want to start expanding my effect library.

Ok so forgive my noobishness here... I've seen a couple recipes for flash powder, what yields the best results in aerial shells? I've gotten pretty good with little shells that I've built but I feel like I'm ready to graduate up to some big boy stuff. I wanna make sure I can do it right and get the best results as early as I can in my fire working. Also any suggestions on cheap and easy stars would be great. I've made some killer firefly stars which I really dig. But I also want to start expanding my effect library.

Well there are several ways to get a good result, hot flash, slow flash, whistle, H3 all of them can be made to work in ballshells.

And I used them all with good to excellent succes, but the slow flash is my favorite.

It gets things nice and hot in there, making sure everything ignite's, I use 15 grams of 5/3/2/ Kno3/Al bright flake/S for my 4'' shells which are pasted with 8 layers of 40lb kraft and get excellent breaks with very good ignition.

Firefly sure is a nice effect, try making some D1 glitter or the shimizu firedust crysantemum and tigertail formula's.

They contain no ''exotic'' chems, I suggest to try adding small amounts (5-15%) aluminium, magnalium or titanium to these to create a vast amount of different effects.

Edited by jerronimo

50/30/20 Nitrate/Dark Al/Sulfur works fine, but I use 50/30/20 Nitrate/Sulfur/Dark Al, which works just as good and uses less dark Al.

AWESOME!

Seymour you have some fantastic rising effects. Nice shells. I hope I can build something like that someday.

• 1 month later...

Those are great shells Zmuro! Do you mind telling what the star comp. at 2:42 is?

Those ware D1 -> pink stars.

Great shells Zmuro. Shell at 0.38 outer petal is TT-> ruby red?? Do you prime red cores and then roll charcoal streamer or just roll TT on red cores and they take fire with no problems? Edited by moczka34

Great shells Zmuro. Shell at 0.38 outer petal is TT-> ruby red?? Do you prime red cores and then roll charcoal streamer or just roll TT on red cores and they take fire with no problems?

I use buell red cores and just rolled TT over it, they lit up with no problem.

Those ware D1 -> pink stars.

Zmuro, what type of Al did you use?Bright or atomized?Also Did you roll without water?Because too much water can destroy the glitter effect..some of my rolled D1 didn't glitter because of the water..

Zmuro, what type of Al did you use?Bright or atomized?Also Did you roll without water?Because too much water can destroy the glitter effect..some of my rolled D1 didn't glitter because of the water..

I used 400 mesh atomised Al. I rolled them with water and alcohol. Maybe you over-mill the composition.

->Zmuro

i've one more question. what is white strobe composition you used in the shell at 1.48?

Nice shells Voryon, could you share the composition for silver crown and pure blue stars?

Those ware commercial strobe stars, a friend of mine gave them to me so I don't know the formula for them, sorry.

Edited by Zmuro